Autoblog: Report: Lamborghini tipped to produce 20 examples of the Sesto Elemento at ?2M apiece

nsx_23

Forum Addict
lamborghinisesto000opt.jpg

When Lamborghini unveiled the Sesto Elemento concept car at the Paris Motor Show last year, few thought it would ever get past the show stand. Sure, elements of its lightweight construction would trickle down to future production models, but as for producing the Sesto as is seemed rather outside of the realm of possibility. But then the rumors began circulating.

In the wake of the show car's debut, we began receiving reports that Lamborghini was, indeed, preparing to put it into production, albeit severely limited. Then follow-up reports suggested that the car could be strictly limited to closed circuits in order to avoid costly homologation procedures.

Now those rumors are rounding the mill again, as Sant'Agata reportedly prepares to bring the Sesto Elemento to market. If and when it does, Lamborghini will count on the concept's advanced composite construction to stick to the 995-kilogram (2,200-pound) curb weight. Coupled with the Gallardo's 5.2-liter V10 engine ? possibly tuned for extra power ? the production model is expected to hit 62 from a standstill in just 2.5 seconds, making it quicker even than the new Aventador which hits highway speeds in just 2.9.

Somewhere along the way, the Revent?n-matching million-Euro price tag that we thought was astronomical already will reportedly double to ?2 million, or around $2.8 million USD based on current exchange rates. That's an enormous chunk of change, especially for a car you can't even take out onto the street. But considering the multi-millionaires who drop bigger figures on decommissioned F1 cars just for track days, the Raging Bull marque could very well have little trouble offloading the 20 examples pegged for production.

Time to start praying your lotto numbers show up.

Oh Lawd.

You knew it'd be expensive, but $2.8 million? I feel like they almost halfway want to see if anyone will pay such a ridiculous amount for it.

Plenty of people would fork out $2.8 mil for an insanely limited production Lamborghini which isn't road legal.

If I had the money I'd already be on the phone to Lamborghini.

I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back next week...

When the Mclaren F1 and Bugatti Veyron debuted, their extremely high price tags reflected the development cost. This car, the Aston Martin 1-77 and a few others in recent years are absurdly expensive because the makers feel they can price them that high and they'll still sell. The buyers think they will be worth the investment...strictly because the original price is so high, not because they actually want the car. Due to the price, I doubt any of these cars will ever see the ownership of someone who actually wants the car, because it is out of the realm of possibility for even the richest collectors (Jay Leno, Jay Kay, Nick Mason, Steve Sutcliffe, etc) . Something this new should not have any 'artistic-added' value that classics have. It has no history. It has a cool name and somewhat cool looks. Man. Capitalism really sucks sometimes. I'd say 90% of these cars will just sit in some locked warehouse or garage their entire life. I don't even like the car and this makes me cringe. I just really hope people see this for the $300,000 car that it really is and don't buy it.

/rant

Last edited:
I love the way it looks, but the price tag is excessive. Even more so if they decided to base the Gallardo replacement on that shape. You'd feel pretty cheated paying US$2.8 only for a clone to come out at a tenth of the price.

People who normaly can afford an Supercar priced at a Million $ +, can afford to use it only on racetracks, nearly the same story with the Ferrari FXX (which is even weirder, because you can't keep it at your home, Ferrari keeps it at the factory, and provide it to you, for racing, which makes it an 1 rate rental car)

I actually get sexually excited by just dreaming of owning a Sesto Elemento, and drive it whenever I want on the N?rburgring! :D

If you can afford a 2.8million car, you can afford to pay off the cops when they catch you driving it, if they even dare to stop you if they know who you are.....rich people still rule the world you know :p

Or you just need to live in Dubai and put a handbrake on the car to drive it to work.

Or you just need to live in Dubai and put a handbrake on the car to drive it to work.

Meh, wy butcher it by adding a handbrake, he will just get a couple of those poor Indian souls they use for the dirty work over there to hold it in place all day.

Reactions: AiR
If I were insanely wealthy, yes. I would buy it and not a single fuck would be given that day.

I actually get sexually excited by just dreaming of owning a Sesto Elemento, and drive it whenever I want on the N?rburgring! :D

can you? legally the nurburgring is a public toll road, not a private racetrack...

can you? legally the nurburgring is a public toll road, not a private racetrack...

The Zonda R, which isn't race-legal or road-legal anywhere in the world, was driven on the 'Ring, so why not the Sesto?

yes, when they rented the track and it was closed for the public

So what's preventing you from renting out this "public toll road"? You've got the money for a Sesto, you have the money to do that as well.

This is what the next Gallardo should look like. In standard spec. And not cost $2.8m.