Ownership Verified: Resistance was futile! My 1988 BMW 5er

I sense some inside ringmeet jokes going on in here...

Honestly, it looked like the guys had been inhaling laughing gas when they collapsed in a heap on the lawn around the BMW. :lol:

Last edited:
It's one of those "you had to be there" moments that is impossible to really explain adequately to someone else. But I'll just try to recap the main points I can still remember:
- Joe, Ice, Eisb?r and me were driving back from dinner on Saturday in his 5er
- the satnav immediately wanted to send us down a farm track, which somehow resulted in us circling through the tiny village twice
- on an open stretch of country road Joe fucked around with the lights and turned them off for a second, when everbody yelled to not do that again, he obviously did, only this time the lights stayed off and didn't come back on for a few seconds
- after this, the threshold was broken. You know that feeling where you laugh so hard that it becomes harder to stop laughing than continuing? Now imagine that with four people simultaneously in one car. I remember that even when it quieted down again, somebody would just randomly start laughing again and everybody just couldn't help but join in.
- at some point we turned on the radio, but the only music we could find was some shitty German folk music, so all the passengers started to clap along to the song. And then Joe joined in as well. :lol:
- we then caught up to Joker in his C3, and Joe put on his gypsy Jazz / 30ies car chase music and used the slack in his steering wheel for hollywood driving
- then somewhere along the line everybody in the car started jumping in their seats which obviously turned the floaty 5er into a massive bouncy castle
- when we neared the campsite we decided to do a grand entrance, cranked up the car chase music and hung out the windows pretending to hunt down Joker with our hand-guns :lol: But nobody outside the car could actually hear the music so we just looked like a bunch of idiots dancing around in the car
- the fact that everybody else was just staring at us like "what the hell is wrong with those idiots" only made the whole thing more hilarious for us

So there. I still don't expect anybody else reading this to find it nearly as eye wateringly hilarious as we did, but now there's at least some reference to what was going on. :mrgreen:

joe, if you would be so good to post some sort of sample or youtube link or whatever the hell to said gypsy jazz car chase extravaganza, that'd be great! i think it'd help people understand the insanity :p
also i need that in my life, in case i start chasing people...

joe, if you would be so good to post some sort of sample or youtube link or whatever the hell to said gypsy jazz car chase extravaganza, that'd be great! i think it'd help people understand the insanity :p
also i need that in my life, in case i start chasing people...

Here you go:

Edit: The actual car chase song I was playing was by Tchavolo Schmitt on the album "Alors?... Viola!" and the track is "Haide Tchavolo"

Last edited:
when we neared the campsite we decided to do a grand entrance, cranked up the car chase music and hung out the windows pretending to hunt down Joker with our hand-guns :lol: But nobody outside the car could actually hear the music so we just looked like a bunch of idiots dancing around in the car

There you go: :lol:
http://imageshack.**/a/img191/6627/xnp4.jpg

I was driving in behind the BMW, giggling of at the lairy shenaningans infront, which went off the scale as soon as they cleared the bridge to the campsite: What an entrance. - The pic above shows the exact moment they went offroad. - When I joined them a minute later after parking my car up they had driven almost into the river, all outside the car now, and they were laughing their asses off with Joe repeatedly yelling "MY CAR TRIED TO KILL US!". - Most hilarious moment of the whole Ringmeet. :lol:

Last edited:
god damn it, joe, i'm not allowed to rep you for the gypsy jazz! but i'll be back, i promise! thanks

So there. I still don't expect anybody else reading this to find it nearly as eye wateringly hilarious as we did, but now there's at least some reference to what was going on. :mrgreen:

I could see how hard you guys were laughing when we arrived, that must've been a damn funny ride. I couldn't help but laugh after my rides in the 5er, which involved elevenses on hairpins, some wobbly bouncy castle cornering and Joe regressing and driving on the wrong side of the road. :lol:

There you go: :lol:
http://imageshack.**/a/img191/6627/xnp4.jpg

I was driving in behind the BMW, giggling of at the lairy shenaningans infront, which went off the scale as soon as they cleared the bridge to the campsite: What an entrance. - The pic above shows the exact moment they went offroad. - When I joined them a minute later after parking my car up they had driven almost into the river, all outside the car now, and they were laughing their asses off with Joe repeatedly yelling "MY CAR TRIED TO KILL US!". - Most hilarious moment of the whole Ringmeet. :lol:

LOL Great picture! :D

I could see how hard you guys were laughing when we arrived, that must've been a damn funny ride. I couldn't help but laugh after my rides in the 5er, which involved elevenses on hairpins, some wobbly bouncy castle cornering and Joe regressing and driving on the wrong side of the road. :lol:

haha, It's an experience! :D

UPDATE!!!

First things first, I have fixed the toolbox! (Well, by fixed I mean I ordered the screw!)

Nextly (That isn't a word, I know) I have pulled the Blaupunkt out and installed a JVC that was a gift! (Thanks, Tim!) It took a while to get setup because the older BMWs don't have a single connector, just a bunch of plugs and cables - so I had to do it by hand;

There are 4 spares, those are for the two rear speakers that do not exist in my car, I don't even have the cabling D: so that will be another day. Also to connect is the Aux cable (not delivered yet) and the antenna (I have to invent some kind of cabling solution for this... Not sure if it will work yet) and then I have to mount it properly as it will fall out under hard acceleration, I can't do this until I collect the correct mount from Tim.

So, it works!

And here it is sitting in its nearly final resting place :)

I also found a problem with the number plate lights, and one of my taillights is blown - so I will be picking one up tomorrow.

That's all for today folks!

Looks good! As i have the same, i know the display-color almost fits to the rest of the cars illuminated dashboad and switches.

Nice

No, it'll be excellent.

Go away Audi man :p

Those might look a bit odd on your period car.

These are actual BMW wheels (Mine are not BMW official) - I believe they are 17" or 18" though, mine are 16"

04O8u7Qy.jpg

Last edited:
Those don't look anything like yours.

It's still gonna be fine.