Rickhamilton620's 1992 plastic appliance....

Yep. Wouldn't want to have a plastic hood over a hot engine. :p

The Citro?n BX, for example, had a plastic hood. Didn't make the car any worse than it was. :p

Hey, BX was great! :rolleyes:

Anyway, valve covers, intake manifolds, airboxes and fuse boxes are most often glass fiber reinforced plastic even in 90s cars. And hoods have some kind of fabric sound insulators. So the hood itself has to work in much colder temperatures than those, so plastic is no problem.

Considering all engines these days are covered in plastic themselves, a plastic bonnet wouldn't make much difference :p

I want engines to look like this again.

Jaguar_XK6_engine.jpg

Reliability will go down..though...a bit..maybe... :p

When viewing a potential car purchase the other day Dad said "Don't you want to look at the engine?" to which I replied "You mean the sheet of plastic with the Toyota symbol on it?" :lol:

Doesn't hurt to check and make sure that it's there.:p

There's going to be a significant event in Sir Failturn's life.

More in a bit....

:)

LeMons?

Huge fire?

High-power rifles and tannerite?

Getting dropped from a helicopter?

It's getting a nut and bolt restoration?

Not exactly. Although part of me wishes it were the case...these are decent cars, honest.

New hood? :lol:

Nope

Getting dropped from a helicopter?

All of FG wishes...

It's FINALLY being sent to the crusher???

Bingo.

IMAG0155.jpg

I'll still miss this car. We had a good run of about 5 years together even if it wasn't the most "sporty" or "exciting" one.

What people say is true, usually your first car is the most memorable and looked back upon fondly.

Rest in peace Sir Failturn, may your "spaceframe construction" and "dent-resistant panels" withstand the crusher's massive force.

Damn I wish I had the space to mount the drivers seat to a office chair base...something I always wanted to do. I might do it to a leather one if I can find a leather SL in a junkyard.

Last edited:
So where'd it go?

I want to go kick it.

Bonawitz Towing took it. I'm not sure where they plan to send the car, if they do at all, as I happened to leave right before the tow guy showed up. I asked my dad to take a photo for me and he did.

If you really, really, want to see it, I can PM you their phone number from the ad in the paper.