Ringmeet 2016, August 11-14

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
Right. I was going to make this topic too, I guess.

In 2016, there will be another Ringmeet! (woohoo!)

Like last year, the Ringmeet will be held in the same weekend as the Oldtimer Grand Prix event at the N?rburgring, so keep the following dates free, because awesome things are afoot!

Thu, August 11 - Sun, August 14 2016

Accomodation will be at the Viktoria Station campsite as always, or one of the hotels?? nearby.

There is going to be another roadtrip, this time the British isles will be invaded.

MWF is gathering interest for another mini roadtrip, if you want to join, give him a shout.

Like last year, expect internet nerds, beer, food, and entertainment.

People who care about tourist drives can rejoice, the opening times during the ringmeet are as follows:
Thursday Aug 11: 17:15-19:30
Friday Aug 12: Closed
Saturday Aug 13: 13:00-19:00
Sunday Aug 14: 13:00-19:00
Monday Aug 15: 17:15-19:30

The toboggan hill was good fun last year, so it will probably happen again. Who will crash this time?

Saturday dinner is very likely again at Im Wurstkessel, across the road from the campsite.

The Pub quiz is already being worked on, so bring your anoraks. See previous years for inspiration.

Watch this space for more info.

Last edited:
I already booked my room at Faltin!

My leave is booked, I will be there from Friday to Monday :)

I'll be there and have plans to provide directions for a scenic drive for those who are interested.

Once again, I'm showing interest, but like the last few years, its too early for me to tell. Any word on the roadtrip/mini-trip yet? Ideally I'd like to come for more than a weekend.

EDIT: Derp, missed the obvious callout to the roadtrip thread. Thought that because it was the UK, it was unrelated. Will read shortly.

Last edited:
Hmm.

HMM.

Problems:
1. ChumpCar's 24h at VIR is Aug. 13-14. I wanted to do that, you fartknockers. Next year (again), I guess.
2. Could we get the Free Ka ready by then? And ship it after a few laps to dominate LeMons at MSR-H (Nov. 12-13), perhaps? Or perhaps in time to get it to LeMons' 10th anniversary race at Gingerman?

I've been hoarding airline miles like a nutcase, so hmm. HMM.

HMMMMMMMM.

I might have to do some work from .de and find a quiet happy place with wifi, but I may or may not be able to swing that. Might. Maybe. I don't know.

Things:
1. Need to get the FinalGear Free Ka up and running--relatively well.
2. Find spares for Free Ka?
3. Put cage in Free Ka to sneak it past customs. I'll bother Holland again and see if he knows a dood.
4. Pick race date, fund the Ka. I have a spare seat now, so Shirley, we could make this happen. Holy mother of coco, the 10th anniversary race sounds like a good idea.
5. Theme the Ka, probably stateside. I'm close enough to that other race track that has trouble with its F1 race date that I'm thinking it should be the Ka-thedral of Junk. Haha.

Question, shipper-types: how much harder would it be to ship a Ka near Philly as opposed to Houston? (Thinking of the 10th anniversary race, that's all.)

The first LeMons car on the N?rburgring MUST HAPPEN.

Will Sabine be there? Because someone needs to sign this hella butt cheatin' Ka.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
1. OGP Weekend full of awesome historic racecars so tie it in with work - you cover motorsports and this would be a different angle to LeMons/ChumpCar which someone else can cover.
2. Speak to Beni about the Ford Furball (Ka should be pronounced so that it sounds like a cat coughing one up!)
3. Once Furball secured use your press credentials to contact Sabine - shouldn't be difficult.
4. Learn some basic Finnish, then you have a chance to win an Award on the Saturday evening.
5. Speak to CrzRsn - you might even be able to travel with and join the Ukanian Roadtrip at least in part.
6. COCK!

Alright, I thought about this some days ago.

Once you sort out the details and figure out the shipping and importing business and give me a go I'll get going on the car.

As I said back then, the one someone lost in my garage would need a new camshaft etc., the cost in parts and for the inspection is incidently the same as the cost for another Ka with a few months of inspection. So I'd just get 2nd running one and break the one in my garage down for spares for you, that would solve two problems at once. We could even be a bit cheeky and get the 60hp version!

I could probably sponsor the cost of the Ka, we'd just have to sort out the cost for the rollcage. And how long it will take to get it if it has to be custom built.

If I get a new flat in the next weeks, which is not too unlikey, I'd have a spare room and wifi you could use for your time here! I'll know more about that soon.

So keep me informed and let's make it happen! :)

Last edited:

Ooooh, yeah! I didn't look at the calendar, and thought the 15th is a Sunday, which would make things way more difficult for me.
But with this date, I should be able to do fri-mon, no problem. I'd rather thu-sun, but that remains to be seen.
In any case, for now, I'm there! But it'll all be much more clear a few weeks before, as always, you know how I like to cancel thing last minute.

Damnit. That'll teach me to do work things and create ringmeet threads at the same time. First post edited accordingly.

Reactions: lip
Should be no problem for me to attend. Bigger problem is the roadtrip budget. If I don't buy anything until then, I might be able to afford it...

Should be no problem for me to attend. Bigger problem is the roadtrip budget. If I don't buy anything until then, I might be able to afford it...

Why not come up with an idea for a Mini Roadtrip like last year? TBH I'm not that enamoured with the idea of the UK trip and it would be a bit of a busman's holiday for me. Plus since I have to cross the Channel anyway to get to Ringmeet..... Meet somewhere on the Saturday or Sunday and have one base for 3-4 nights like last year.

Nothing to stop a Mini version hooking up with the main one on the Wednesday to do the karting and then travel to VS.

I was actually musing about a repeat of the first roadtrip through the alps and Switzerland. Still my favourite.

Thread started.

And yeah I would make that work since I missed that one although a rendezvous with the main trip wouldn't be practical.

Two options for me, or more. It all depends how I can secure the summer holidays this year.

1) UK leg with eBay car as intended, then Ringmeet.

2) If the weeks before Ringmeet are not good, then I'll either fly to Ringmeet or drive there and back in either the Mi16 or the Polo. The latter is 30 years old and I could take it to the factory, if it runs properly enough to do a long drive.