Ringmeet 2016 pre-planning thread

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
In the roadtrip thread people are talking about dates, and I think this is better done in its own topic, so non roadtrip people are aware o the discussion too.

Ill start off then. Kids' summer holidays start REALLY late next year, on July 23. I could do a ringmeet while the girls are still in school, but that doesn't have my preference, ofc.

And these are the events at the N?rburgring (and in the surrounding area) next summer. I just list the Saturday dates:
  • July 2nd: Truck Grand Prix
  • July 9th: GLP and RCN
  • July 16th: VLN
  • July 23rd: FIA WEC and also Eifel Rallye Festival
  • July 30th: Rad am Ring
  • August 6th: GLP, RCN and Drift Cup
  • August 13th: Oldtimer Grand Prix
  • August 20th: VLN
  • August 27th: GLP and RCN
Source: N?rburgring Event Page and Eifel Rallye Festival homepage.

What does that mean?
  • The weekend of July 30th is out because the Nordschleife will be used for a bicycle race.
  • It'll come down to a choice between Trucks, WEC & Group B rally cars, and classic cars.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the rally cars but I anticipate we will do the OGP weekend as happens every year. DaHitch and Adamar can't do July as already stated in the Roadtrip planning thread.

That said it would make the Roadtrip easier if it were earlier as the bulk of it would happen while the kids are still in school making travel easier and campsites less busy.

Last edited:
I still am in favour of the Oldtimer Grand Prix weekend as there's the most interesting stuff going on besides Ringmeet. Then again, Eifel Rallye Festival means that my friends from Berlin will all tag along...

That said it would make the Roadtrip easier if it were earlier as the bulk of it would happen while the kids are still in school making travel easier and campsites less busy.
In Scotland the summer school holidays start on June 25th if this website is correct. The same site lists July 19th as the holiday start for England.

Personally, I prefer the Eifel Rally festival around July 23rd because it seems the most interesting choice. Truck Grand Prix is a close second because having Ringmeet at the beginning of July would mean the Roadtrip would happen before summer school holidays here, making it easier for me to get away from work (or alternatively, not having to plan around Ringmeet for a summer holiday with my friend who is a teacher).

Can we add a poll for preferred dates?

Group B Rally cars? :blink: :woot:

There's a spanner in the works for me, as there are my friends wedding, mid-July in which I have to attend. I've already missed several weddings amongst my friends, so they've resorted to threats already to make sure I attend this time.. :lol:

Can we add a poll for preferred dates?

Since there's already four regulars for whom the dates in July aren't an option, I think we can safely say that July is out, which basically leaves the OGP weekend.

Since there's already four regulars for whom the dates in July aren't an option, I think we can safely say that July is out, which basically leaves the OGP weekend.

I like the idea of the rally cars but I anticipate we will do the OGP weekend as happens every year.

Well I think we can safely say that is all settled. OGP weekend it is I guess.

So, add a multi-option poll with the weekends in question to see about the potential participants?

It does look like that weekend is the only one that works, I'm not going to say unfortunately because I like seeing the OGP but I'm not so committed that I miss out on other things like scenic drives. Hey, this could be a new record.

A ride on the track would be awesome though after my miserable fail this year. :lol:

At the moment any date is fine with me, I'll go with the majority.

At the moment any date is fine with me, I'll go with the majority.
I have so many thing that can still go wrong on my planning, so I'm with MacGuffin. :lol:
I just hope the date does not coincide with some university activity. :|