Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Oops, sorry, missed one.

7. American - possessed of a totally inability to detect irony or accept good-natured and well-intended pisstaking for what it truly is. :tease:

FWIW Ringmeet is a whole bunch of internet nerds, many of whom are to a greater or lesser degree, on the "spectrum", shy, socially awkward, lacking in confidence and apprehensive around new people. What makes the thing work so fucking well is that nobody has an agenda, everybody understands and we are all there for each other.

I can promise you four things:
1. People will take the piss out of you. It's part of the "bonding" thing. The only time to start worrying is if they stop.
2. You will meet a whole bunch of amazing people and you will want to return and see them again.
3. If you have asthma, bring your inhaler, because there will be points where you will laugh so much you'll need it.
4. We already have mustard.

Ok, so, you can be my personal trainer with that attitude. Just don?t step on your dick while you?re doing it.

You seem to have forgotten that I do own a stick shift car and while it?s no hairdresser/secretary car like yours, I still have to change my own gears. I am in no way saying I?m a pro but, I do know how to use one.

What does religion have to do with this? Who gives a shit if it?s on a Sunday. I really don?t know you brought that up. If I?m planning to go, you don?t think I?ve taken that into a account? Furthermore, it?s not like I think I?ll be smited if I don?t attend 1 Sunday. Goodness man.

I?m just asking questions because I have the confidence level the size of a mustard seed. Apparently, if you?re British, that?s against the rules while in Germany. I assume people there won?t speak English hence why I?m asking those that do and have knowledge of the place beforehand.

I don?t want this to divulge into a fight but, can this stay strictly to stuff about the subject and event at hand? I get that this is a long ass track that?s not fucking Nascar which is why I?m asking before just plunking down money and assuming things are fine after that.

You haven't read many of MWF's post, have you. He's not to be taken seriously, ever. :p But to answer the question in there, every spot related to tourism, including those rental places, can deal perfectly well with English. No need to worry about language issues. And we have plenty of people to translate even if such situation occurs. :)

Reactions: MWF
That's only for the M cars or the reduced excess insurance. With regular insurance and, say, a Polo they toss you the keys.

I stand corrected!

I skimmed the PDF and had the impression that it applied to all cars. Shame on me.

(...)a shotgun lap beside Adrian, the only man I know to have driven devout atheists to take holy orders.

As a (South) American I must say you're full of shit and as a devout atheist I wanna test that claim. :p :lol:

Ok, so, you can be my personal trainer with that attitude. Just don?t step on your dick while you?re doing it.

You seem to have forgotten that I do own a stick shift car and while it?s no hairdresser/secretary car like yours, I still have to change my own gears. I am in no way saying I?m a pro but, I do know how to use one.

What does religion have to do with this? Who gives a shit if it?s on a Sunday. I really don?t know you brought that up. If I?m planning to go, you don?t think I?ve taken that into a account? Furthermore, it?s not like I think I?ll be smited if I don?t attend 1 Sunday. Goodness man.

I?m just asking questions because I have the confidence level the size of a mustard seed. Apparently, if you?re British, that?s against the rules while in Germany. I assume people there won?t speak English hence why I?m asking those that do and have knowledge of the place beforehand.

I don?t want this to divulge into a fight but, can this stay strictly to stuff about the subject and event at hand? I get that this is a long ass track that?s not fucking Nascar which is why I?m asking before just plunking down money and assuming things are fine after that.

Whoa, calm down. MWF overdid it a bit on the banter but I'd like to assure you if you attend much fun will be had by all, as has been happening since the first Ringmeet. When someone makes fun of you at the camping, it is expected you make fun of them too. :p It's all in good fun.
As for driving the Ring, many people offered me their cars (MWF included) so I could drive a lap. I ended up not taking the offers for lack of time on my part and the Ring being closed a lot, so don't worry about that. Passenger laps are also awesome, and there's not a shortage of those either. Speaking only English works, it's not like they don't have people from outside of Germany there. Even if sometimes you will need to point and gesture.
Relax, dude. Go and have fun. I know I did go twice and wish I could go every year. :cheers:

Last edited:

[...]

Points 1 to 5 are what you call "humo(u)r", even I as a german got that. ;) Point 6 though isn't humo(u)r, that's the only thing MWF wanted to express in seriousness. :)

Points 1 to 5 are what you call "humo(u)r", even I as a german got that. ;) Point 6 though isn't humo(u)r, that's the only thing MWF wanted to express in seriousness. :)

Don't worry, if he packs that attitude in his carry-on then the TSA guys at O'Hare will make sure Mr and Mrs Latex-Glove take a surprise detour to Colonistan.

I think at this point all the jokes about Germans not having a sense of humour are just the Americans projecting.

Flareside and thomas simply need to swap passports then.

Gentlemen, calm your fucking tits. :lol:

Anyhow, I fully expect to make the meet, with the roadtrip under somewhat of a question mark. Hotel, as before, though possibly a car (well, a Yugo :lol:).

Don't worry, if he packs that attitude in his carry-on then the TSA guys at O'Hare will make sure Mr and Mrs Latex-Glove take a surprise detour to Colonistan.

Closest I?ve ever been to losing my virginity. :D

Anyhow, I fully expect to make the meet, with the roadtrip under somewhat of a question mark. Hotel, as before, though possibly a car (well, a Yugo :lol:).

I hope both the Yugo and the Zastava make it next year. They would look cute next to each other. :lol:

Oh sod off.

Anyone who has been on FinalGear for that 9 years and can't understand or cope with a bit of good-natured, old-fashioned piss-taking should probably think twice about heading to Ringmeet anyway.

My plans for 2018 currently are as follows:
Camp with the family at Viktoria Station for the best part of a week (probably arriveing on Friday or Saturday), until on Thursday an invasion of internet nerds take place, and hook up with them from that point on. As a consequence my tent will likely not be part of the Ringmeet camp, but we'll ask for a spot close to the barrier.

My plans for 2018 currently are as follows:
Camp with the family at Viktoria Station for the best part of a week (probably arriveing on Friday or Saturday), until on Thursday an invasion of internet nerds take place, and hook up with them from that point on. As a consequence my tent will likely not be part of the Ringmeet camp, but we'll ask for a spot close to the barrier.

Distance from the sonic assault of 30 snoring Ringmeeters is a good plan. :p :lol:

Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Count me in. Hotel-fagging as usual from Thursday to Sunday.

And would everybody please relax? We?re all a bunch of nerds, jerks and fools - some more, some less. But we always have a great time, even when we?re soaked in rain.

Last edited:

No more midnight hotel run in the rain? :(

No more midnight hotel run in the rain? :(

Absolutely not?I don?t want any trouble with those German techno bears! :lol: