Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Frankfurt or Cologne (Köln/Bonn) not an option? Those are significantly closer, much better than Munich too. Otherwise if you can get a nice rental, Zürich is probably very doable. The drive itself should be quite easy.

leviathan;n3549059 said:
Frankfurt or Cologne (Köln/Bonn) not an option? Those are significantly closer, much better than Munich too. Otherwise if you can get a nice rental, Zürich is probably very doable. The drive itself should be quite easy.

Actually looking now at Frankfurt from NYC and prices are much cheaper. And I can easily get to NYC from DTW for cheap on a separate itinerary. Zurich would be my best option if booking one itinerary from Detroit.

CrzRsn;n3549061 said:
Actually looking now at Frankfurt from NYC and prices are much cheaper. And I can easily get to NYC from DTW for cheap on a separate itinerary. Zurich would be my best option if booking one itinerary from Detroit.

Zurich is nice and very much doable indeed. And if you have day or two extra to spend, you get to enjoy some lovely Alpine scenery and roads on the same go. :)

For the sake of getting started, here is the list(s) that I have so far - very short on the actual complete information side of things, an equally long list of hoteling people, and a very long on the "oh I don't know maybe if santa fucks the easter bunny" front. And even then I already guessed some timespans for peopel - correct me if I got it wrong!

[old list]

And allll the usual suspects that haven't commented at all so far.. like most of Scandinavia (and yes, I am including the filthy Finns in that)..

The prices/payment is unlikely to change but will be posted soon.

Last edited:
Waddayamean by "unconfirmed" for me? I'm in for the roadtrip and therefore the ringmeet of course as well...

Eye-Q, thu-mon, car

I'll be bike-fagging again this year though, no car nor trailer. ;-)

D'aww! ... so we're out for this year due to work availability etc... :sadpanda:

(I'm needing to push back our Munich/London trip to late summer/early fall to better coincide with work projects etc.)

thomas;n3549152 said:
For the sake of getting started, here is the list(s) that I have so far - very short on the actual complete information side of things, an equally long list of hoteling people, and a very long on the "oh I don't know maybe if santa fucks the easter bunny" front. And even then I already guessed some timespans for peopel - correct me if I got it wrong!

Camping:
- thomas, thu-mon, car
- Ice, thu-mon, car
- Bobele, thu-sun, car
- Loose_Unit, thu-sun, car(s - might have to charge extra for the quantity!)
- DaHitch, thu-mon, car
- Adamar, thu-mon, car
​​​​​​- MXM, thu-mon, no car
- Misrabelle, thu-mon, no car

Hotel:
- Adu, Madelon & The Girls (camping, but staying seperately/longer)
- DanRoM
- MacGuffin
- leviathan
- MWF+HWF
- 93Flareside
- narf
- RdKetchup + Wife

Unconfirmed/Maybe - aka "Get your head out of your ass and book the damn flight already" (or just tell me whats up, or get that vacation approved, or immigrate already, or whatever applies to your individual situation:
- CrzRsn
- Matt2k
- The Redlining family
- Labcoatguy
- Coco
- ChuckMoritz
- Eye-Q
- gt1750+1
- geeman
- Hemily
- Kiki/BlindIO
- The 47s
- RickHam

And allll the usual suspects that haven't commented at all so far.. like most of Scandinavia (and yes, I am including the filthy Finns in that)..

You can put me down for Thursday-Monday.

Eye-Q;n3549153 said:
Waddayamean by "unconfirmed" for me? I'm in for the roadtrip and therefore the ringmeet of course as well...

Eye-Q, thu-mon, car

This. Also in hotel again, as I'm still planning on arriving on two wheels.

- Adrian, thu-sun, hotel

thursday-sun/mon Not decided yet. Car, yes

thomas;n3549152 said:

Camping:
- thomas, thu-mon, car
- Ice, thu-mon, car
- Bobele, thu-sun, car
- Loose_Unit, thu-sun, car(s - might have to charge extra for the quantity!)
- DaHitch, thu-mon, car
- Adamar, thu-mon, car
​​​​​​- MXM, thu-mon, no car
- Misrabelle, thu-mon, no car

Hotel:
- Adu, Madelon & The Girls (camping, but staying seperately/longer)
- DanRoM
- MacGuffin
- leviathan
- MWF+HWF
- 93Flareside
- narf
- RdKetchup + Wife

Unconfirmed/Maybe - aka "Get your head out of your ass and book the damn flight already" (or just tell me whats up, or get that vacation approved, or immigrate already, or whatever applies to your individual situation:
- CrzRsn
- Matt2k
- The Redlining family
- Labcoatguy
- Coco
- ChuckMoritz
- Eye-Q
- gt1750+1
- geeman
- Hemily
- Kiki/BlindIO
- The 47s
- RickHam

am i that unremarkable that you forgot me :cry:

Galantti, thu-mon, kär, kämping

Eye-Q;n3549153 said:

Eye-Q, thu-mon, car
Added to camping-list!

narf;n3549154 said:
I'm "mostly nope but maybe a late-show hotelfag if the next week is in the area" :(
Moved from hotel to spam-list

DaHitch;n3549155 said:
I'll be bike-fagging again this year though, no car nor trailer. ;-)
Modified accordingly!

Kiki;n3549156 said:
D'aww! ... so we're out for this year due to work availability etc... :sadpanda:
(I'm needing to push back our Munich/London trip to late summer/early fall to better coincide with work projects etc.)
Removed y'all ..

93Flareside;n3549157 said:
You can put me down for Thursday-Monday.
You're in the hotel-list, since I think you planned on that? The exact dates are irrelevant for my planning in that case.

DaBoom;n3549160 said:
This. Also in hotel again, as I'm still planning on arriving on two wheels.
Added to hotel, method of transport pretty much irrelevant again :p

Adrian;n3549162 said:
- Adrian, thu-sun, hotel
Added to hotel, dates still don't matter there.. ;)

MXM;n3549163 said:
I'll have a car, otherwise correct.
Fixed!

DanRoM;n3549171 said:
I will come by bike and do camping, because I'll have the tent with me anyway.
Fixed accordingly!

TobiasG;n3549172 said:
thursday-sun/mon Not decided yet. Car, yes
Added!

Galantti;n3549173 said:
am i that unremarkable that you forgot me :cry:

Galantti, thu-mon, kär, kämping
Added, big crybaby!

47;n3549174 said:
I know nothing, as usual :D
I will know at the end of July I guess, before the roadtrip
So you'll remain in the spamlist, as per usual :p

[old list]

Last edited:
Unless anything changes I will be thu-mon with car. :)

Because you forgot me completely in the updated list, thomas, here I go again:

DanRoM, thu/fri - sun/mon, bike, tent

I will decide in July if I'll arrive on Thursday with the rest of the roadtrippers or hang behind to avoid an extra-long Autobahn day. Leaving on Sunday or Monday I will decide spontaneously.