Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

The North American invasion is happening.

We’ll bring the freedom with a side of fries.

Muahaha - I'm just eagerly awaiting the pics/video! :D

There's still time to book flights to experience it for yourself and not just through pictures. ;)

Unfortunately, I have been at my job less than a year and my PTO is extremely limited.

So in reverse conclusion next year you'll be long enough at your job to have enough PTO so you can attend. I rest my case. :p

I think I’m going to need a famous “L” on forehead photo with the famous man that did it.

Before I forget, I guess Thomas has my tent still, so I'm hoping that it can be passed on to one of Ze Germans participating in the roadtrip?

Well, I'll visit my sister in Tübingen on the way to the Balkans so I'll be practically in his backyard, I think we should manage to arrange that. :)

hmm i had to re-arrange my arrival to thursday evening, but this is fine.

02660497.jpg

Still no word from any of the hotels. I got a direct email for one of them from MacGuffin and have emailed them twice now, but still no reply. This is starting to get incredibly frustrating as all the AirBnBs in the area I was looking at are now booked, as are all the reasonably priced hotels in walking distance (2.5km). Now you see why I don't book flights until the whole plan comes together....... I really do not want to spend $120/night, nor do I want to get a rental car for the hotels further away.

EDIT: Bouncing between 4-5 different hotel sites. Found a deal at Hotel Royal Montana in Altenahr for $73/night. Fuck it, going to book it before I lose any more deals. Only a 20 minute walk to the campsite and there's a train once an hour.

EDIT2: Hotel in Altenahr confirmed for Aug 09-12. Hotel in Frankfurt confirmed for Aug 12-13.

Last edited:
Adunaphel;n3550126 said:
The Dokumentationsstätte Regierungsbunker is very awesome, but not very accessible to people who aren't fluent in German.

You CAN actually book an English tour (Information on this is quite hidden). However, if you want to do it, I suggest you now agree on a time and date and contact Ahrtal-Tourismus. info@ahrtaltourismus.de

CrzRsn;n3550366 said:
EDIT: Bouncing between 4-5 different hotel sites. Found a deal at Hotel Royal Montana in Altenahr for $73/night. Fuck it, going to book it before I lose any more deals. Only a 20 minute walk to the campsite and there's a train once an hour.

EDIT2: Hotel in Altenahr confirmed for Aug 09-12. Hotel in Frankfurt confirmed for Aug 12-13.
I'll have my bicycle with me so if you want you can use that for "commuting". :)

D-Fence;n3550549 said:
You CAN actually book an English tour (Information on this is quite hidden). However, if you want to do it, I suggest you now agree on a time and date and contact Ahrtal-Tourismus. info@ahrtaltourismus.de

Ooh, nice.

+1 if there are people going

Aye, I could do some touristy stuff in a bunker

I didn't visit it, so I'd be interested as well.

Visited it with Trollmas & co a couple of years back, was very interesting, can recommend.

Count me in for an English tour too. I still need to get the Chunnel booked then I will finally pay Thomas. :p