Ringmeet 2019 - Taking in US refugees!

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
As every year at this point, we or I don't even ask anymore, and Ringmeet 2019 will be held on the second weekend of August when the Oldtimer Grand Prix is happening. That'd be 8th to 12th August 2019, the core being Friday-Sunday 9th-11th.

Ringmeet 2019: Aug 8-12
Location, as always: Camping Viktoria Station in Kreuzberg.
Hotelfaggery: Landgasthof Weihs, Hotel Faltin and whatever else people can recommend

Roadtrips: TBA

Ring opening times:
Thu: 17:15 - 19:30
Fri: closed
Sat: 13:00–19:00
Sun: 13:00–19:00
Mon: 17:15–19:30

Pubquiz: Probably
Saturday dinner will likely once again be at our regular restaurant, Im Wurstkessel.
Awards: Maybe?

I will start Endesfelder's List now with whatever details people provide in this thread here, or tell me directly via PM or Telegram. As usual, the details I am looking for depend on where you stay:
Hotel -> nothing, just tell me you'll be there.
Camping -> day of arrival and departure, car/bike/none

And if you're wondering about the title: I can already confirm at least 3 Texans showing up, and for all I care they're running away from their Commander-in-chief, the Donald :p

Last edited:
The usual for now, barkeep.

(camping Thursday to Monday, one car)

Reactions: MWF
My likely plan will be Thursday to Sunday, sleeping in my car. Might decide that's a dumb idea and get a hotel like last year.

I sent the e-mail with my reservation request to Weihs today. So, count me in, like always. Thursday to Sunday, hotel fag.

thu-mon, camping, car (maybe both at the same time :unsure: )

Even though I currently don't own a car I probably will buy a cheap beater for the Ringmeet and possibly Roadtrip, provided there is one. In any case, camping Thu - Mon. :)

Is it already time to feel bad again?

Very likely to be Thu-Mon again, camping with a car. Depends on roadtrips as I've bought extra holiday this year to increase my chances of joining one, let's see if I can find more weaknesses in the Smart!

We'll probably do Thu-Mo this year, and are considering joining the group again, instead of camping inside the camping's barrier. Will be there with the two young ladies, our big family tent, the Clio and some rental.
Although our plans about camping (where on the campgrounds and for how long) are not final at this point, so the above stated might change a bit over time...

As far as pubquiz goes, I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead, last year's started to feel like a lot more of a chore, and at least to me, the quality of the whole thing started slipping, so I'm probably not going to do a pubquiz this year. I will, however, still bring beers for tasting.

Hotel request sent on the 7th of January. Still haven't heard back. :D

Count me in for Thursday-Monday. Thinking of doing road trip. Word on the street is Ukraine is on the list of ideas or something around the Alps but shorter than previous times. I haven't decided whether I'm going to get an Alfa that @DaBoom will then take after the road trip or some proper shitbox to bestow on somebody to help store and sell for me. *hint hint* *wink wink*

As far as pubquiz goes, I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead, last year's started to feel like a lot more of a chore, and at least to me, the quality of the whole thing started slipping, so I'm probably not going to do a pubquiz this year. I will, however, still bring beers for tasting.

Adu, I honestly don't blame you. With organising the beer tasting as well as taking on much of the grilling you have had enough to do and nobody will think any the less of you for taking a step back.

If people really still want a pub quiz I would be happy to help with compiling questions for someone else to read out. Different people would mix it up and freshen the whole thing.

I'm happy to do the Awards if people wish to continue with that but I also won't be offended if the majority decide they've had their day. That said to lose both the Quiz and the Awards could lead to the evenings feeling rather aimless and empty. We can't really expect Taneli to attempt to kill himself every year after all!

If someone else would like to present the Awards we could mix things up and I could then run the Pub Quiz instead. I wouldn't do both; even I would be sick of me if that were to happen! ;)

thomas - we will be there Thurs-Mon with the same arrangements as last year, Sam camping and Michelle and I at Faltin.

I still have the Top Gear pub quiz questions I made three years ago. Only a few of them have been used already, there are forty or so left. I'd be happy to provide them for any kind of pub quiz. To me, the pub quiz was never really a thing because truth to be told, I almost never knew the answer to the difficult car questions.

Very likely to be Thu-Mon again, camping with a car. Depends on roadtrips as I've bought extra holiday this year to increase my chances of joining one, let's see if I can find more weaknesses in the Smart!

Italy/Switzerland or Ukraine/Romania. Guess which will be a longer one.. Alpine tour will be something between Thu-Thu to Sat-Thu before Ringmeet.

And as has been the case for few years, Thu-Mon hotelfagging for me, regarding the meet.

As long as Ukraine remains independent, I’d totally be up for that. Whether or not it’s planned, I’d like to make a stop at Chernobyl if at all possible.