Ringmeet 2019 - Taking in US refugees!

(...)instead I'll cycle about 90 km in the Rhine and Ahr valleys.(...)
Having taken the train and with plenty of time to watch the scenery, I am a bit jealous. That should be a very nice ride.

Get your ass over here and I'll let you borrow it so you can enjoy such a ride as well. :p

Doo eeeet! We can explore the roads together. :)

I hope we get to explore off-roads as well this year, finally. Still keen on the plan of touring the paths along the 'ring, assuming I'm not dead this year.

Doo eeeet! We can explore the roads together. :)
I dunno, I have limited time as it is when I'm there. Plus don't really want to put the bike through 2000km on the roof :D Well, maybe my mtb.

I hope we get to explore off-roads as well this year, finally. Still keen on the plan of touring the paths along the 'ring, assuming I'm not dead this year.
Oh yeah! That'll be enough cycling for the weekend :D
If I were to bring a bike I'd fring the off roader for this

I dunno, I have limited time as it is when I'm there. Plus don't really want to put the bike through 2000km on the roof :D Well, maybe my mtb.

Oh yeah! That'll be enough cycling for the weekend :D
If I were to bring a bike I'd fring the off roader for this

You know you can rent bikes over there, right?

Ok, before this all is forgotten and nobody shows up, here is the current list of people that have voiced their attendance in this thread. And the list is shockingly short I feel. Although part of that is probably that many usual suspects just haven't bothered yet, and more and more people use a hotel..

If your name is green, that means I got your $$$.

Camping:
  • thomas +1, thu-mon, car, 106 EUR
  • ice, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • galantti, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • danrom, thu-sun, car, 61 EUR
  • eye-q, thu-mon, no-car, 53 EUR
  • matt2k, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • 47+1, thu-sun, car, 98 EUR
  • peter3hg, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • MWF+3, thu-mon, no-car, 96 EUR total (MWF+HWF = 47 EUR, Sam+Toby 49 EUR [split into 29 and 20 if one alone is paying the tent fee])
  • Adu + Madelon + 2 kids, thu-mon, car, 142 EUR
  • DaHitch, thu-mon, bike, 57 EUR
  • coco, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • gt1750 +1,x, thu-sun, car, 98 EUR
  • Terrex, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • Adrian, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • Joe, thu-sun, car, 61 EUR
  • Tobi, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • Bobele, thu-sun, car, 61 EUR
  • shad, thu-sun, car, 61 EUR
  • nicjasno, thu-mon, car, 73 EUR
  • Anesthesia, thu-mon, no-car, 53 EUR
  • mysteryguest1, thu-sun, car, 73 EUR
Hotel, 23,50 EUR / person:
  • grip+1
  • macguffin
  • crzrsn
  • stig
  • crazyjeeper
  • nabster
  • leviathan
  • narf
  • 93flareside
  • daboom
  • victor
  • public+1
  • D-fence
  • Mitchi
  • Brotan
  • Liga
  • lastsoul
  • MXM
  • BlaRo
The Money!

And the money goes to the Ringmeet financial account (no change here):

German Account numbers:
Bank: DKB (Deutsche Kreditbank AG)
Account: 1018604924
BIC (BLZ): 12030000

European numbers (SEPA):
IBAN: DE36 1203 0000 1018 6049 24
BIC: BYLADEM1001

If my personal information are required by the bank (which apparently is a thing for some banks):
Thomas Endesfelder
Traubenstrasse 40
71106 Magstadt

Paypal:
ringmeet@gmx.com
ATTENTION: If using Paypal, make sure there is no fee. If there is one, please pay it on your end. If you want to find the exact number, feel free to use one of the plenty web-calculators for that. Or you could check the "I pay the fee" box, or use "gift to friends/family", which also just results in you paying the fee. There may be recent changes in regional Paypal markets that eliminate fees for friends and families, but I am not familiar with every single combination of countries, I just know that not always, but more often than not, I end up paying fees for getting money.

Name of account owner in all cases: Thomas Endesfelder

Disclaimer: This is a separate account at a different bank, it is not my private account and will not be mixed with my private financials. Its set up for and dedicated to Finalgear Ringmeet purposes only.

Last edited:
Thursday-Monday, most likely with bike. :p

PAID using the bank info

I think? I'm probably??? in???? to camp during ringmeet. Probably??? roadtripping. If there's a tent to borrow for both ringmeet and road trip, that would be awesome. I'm doing this as cheaply as possible for the usual reasons.

Also trying to buy a car. WTT: couple cases of beer for local car. (Or maybe ask the nice press people.)

As usual, the payment will probably be late and come in the form of an "Oh! Crap! I forgot to pay you!!!" somewhat closer to the time. 93flareside and I are pulling shenanigans with airline miles, so if I can pay after I've got a flight booked, that's probably for the best.

Last edited:
Will be there thu-sun at hotel Faltin. Moneyz will be sent.

Paid via Paypal. If I decide to cancel the hotel and sleep in my car at the campsite, I'll update this thread and make up the difference up to 61 eur (Thurs-Sun + car), but I'm thinking that's going to be more and more unlikely.

Consider this my official "voice of attendance." Staying in hotel, look out for Paypal when I am not at work and manage to revive my account.

Hoteling thu-sun +1 pers!

Ahem, by the way, last year I paid for Thursday and due to car failure we only made it there during Friday, so refundo? :D

Last edited:
Camping, either alone or +2 (wife + younger daughter), Thu-Sun, car

Will transfer monies once it's clear who comes with me.

You know you can rent bikes over there, right?
I know, that's the plan, rent mtb's and ride around the ring. Dunno about road bikes. Also, it's always cheapper to just bring my own :D

Also, since our attendance is always in question, I'll leave the payment to stew for a couple months, when we know more. Who knows, maybe I'll have to bring 47,5 also...

One of Sam's friends may be joining us and it has not yet been decided if he will share a tent with Sam or have one of his own. We are meeting him and his parents this weekend when things will hopefully become more concrete and I will update accordingly.