Ringmeet 2019 - Taking in US refugees!

You do realize the sauna culture in Germany is completely different, meaning it's as quiet as a mouse, right? I'm not sure if you can bear that. :p

Paid via PayPal.

How does electricity at VS work? I'll probably have to get and then pay a counter of my own to plug in the car overnight, right? What do they charge per kWh? Paging @Adrian :)

Payments made. Should be recived tomrrow. Thursday-Monday, tent and car.

And me :D

You do realize the sauna culture in Germany is completely different, meaning it's as quiet as a mouse, right? I'm not sure if you can bear that. :p

Finns being quiet? That never happens.. I've been to some good saunas in German hotels, but I've usually had the space to myself. I have been on couple Austrian saunas at spas and the strictness of some seemingly random rules on what and how to do was rather amusing. You zhall relax in an orderly fashon!

I updated the list accordingly:

Added camping:
  • Terrex
  • Joe
  • Adrian
  • Tobi

Added hotel:
  • lauri
  • MXM

If you exclude Mini Adus but include Sam and Toby as nearly adults then we are 39 with several people still to declare.

I've always felt low 40s was the Goldilocks Zone for a good Ringmeet. Much more than that and you find yourself saying goodbye to people on Sunday who you've not had a chance to speak to all weekend.

EDIT: I just realised Adrian is missing from the list. Is he OK and is he coming? Also someone should get hold of Shad as he seems to forget Ringmeet until it's too late, and TobiasG too perhaps?

At the point of my post we were around 25 people, which was a surprisingly low number. But as usual, once I start demanding answers (and money), people come out of the woodworks. Subsequently as of today - merely 6 days later - we're looking at 41 grown kids and 4 young ones.

Paid via PayPal.

How does electricity at VS work? I'll probably have to get and then pay a counter of my own to plug in the car overnight, right? What do they charge per kWh? Paging @Adrian :)

The first time with the Tesla, I just told them what Adrian used according to the cars counter, and paid that. They're not cheap on the power though, they charged like 50 or 60c per kWh. I was trying to help them to set up those Tesla desintation chargers, but the fact that they still had to pay for the installation and it being shortly after the flood just meant that, last I checked, that never happened.

At the risk of revealing my painfully narrow world view, how, exactly, does one sauna? (I have the vague notion of a very hot room)

Paid via paypal.

One gets nekkid, sits on a slatted pine wood bench that leaves crease in your but cheeks and thighs, and sweats profusely.

According to the website for the place near to campsite you can also gaze out of the window at other nekkid people while you do it as the place appears to be a naturist centre.

Shower, undress, open door, go through door, close door, sit still for a couple of minutes on your towel (depending of your stamina and the temperature of the sauna - yes, there are different temperatures ranging from 60°C/140F to 100°C/212F, with different levels of humidity and aromas), open door, go through door, close door, get a cold shower, wait for a couple of minutes. Repeat that a couple of times until you're totally relaxed.

That's the german way - in Finland the "sit still for a couple of minutes on your towel" is replaced by "drink beer, socialize and douse the hot stones with water every so often". ;) In Germany the patrons don't douse the hot stones, that's made by staff instead, of course following a strict schedule, we're in Germany afterall. :p

Shower, undress, open door, go through door, close door, sit still for a couple of minutes on your towel (depending of your stamina and the temperature of the sauna - yes, there are different temperatures ranging from 60°C/140F to 100°C/212F, with different levels of humidity and aromas), open door, go through door, close door, get a cold shower, wait for a couple of minutes. Repeat that a couple of times until you're totally relaxed.

That's the german way - in Finland the "sit still for a couple of minutes on your towel" is replaced by "drink beer, socialize and douse the hot stones with water every so often". ;) In Germany the patrons don't douse the hot stones, that's made by staff instead, of course following a strict schedule, we're in Germany afterall. :p

You can't be that German. It's normal to undress before you shower, not afterwards. :tease:

According to the website for the place near to campsite you can also gaze out of the window at other nekkid people while you do it as the place appears to be a naturist centre.
I saw that too and was a bit weirded out by their website basically promoting their sauna with "you can look outside at the other naked people"... :D

Also, they explicitly say that in their "Finland Sauna" conversation "at appropiate sound level" is allowed... ?

You can't be that German. It's normal to undress before you shower, not afterwards. :tease:
One should always wear a speedo while showering. It's rude to look down on the unemployed.

Dude, one should NEVER wear a Speedo. Budgie Smugglers are a no-no.

Dude, one should NEVER wear a Speedo. Budgie Smugglers are a no-no.

so i should ditch my speedo's for something other?