Ringmeet Awards 2016 - Categories and Prizes Planning Thread

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
As in the last two years I will be donning some ridiculous clothing and presenting the Ringmeet Awards again on the Saturday evening. For those who are coming but haven't been before and want to know what to expect you can watch/rewatch last year's proceedings here:

Categories

I'm going to try and mix things up with some new categories or making subtle changes to existing ones but I would also welcome suggestions from the Ringmeet Hive Mind so feel free to PM them and they may make the final cut.

Prizes

As for prizes much of the burden last year fell on Macguffin whose fabulous collection of crappy knick-knacks made for some excellent prizes. I don't feel it fair that it should fall to one person again so I propose that last year's winners provide the prize(s) for the same category this time around.

If I already have an idea there will be an * next to the award and I will PM you my suggestion.

I am therefore looking for prizes from the following:

I Shit Rainbows Award for the Gayest Car* - public

The "Because I'm Worth It" Award* - IceBone

Thujalvi Trophy for the Second Best Beard - tobias

Jektvik Shield for Epic Roadtrip Fail - shad68

Best Bavarian Trophy - D-Fence

Sisu Award for Being the Most Finnish* - Misrabelle

The Cheese Munching Surrender Monkey Award for Something French - Galantti

Canestan Cup for the Oiliest Smelliest VAG - Adrian

World Series of Fuck Yeah for the Most American - thomas

Coolest Car - MXM

Best Noise (Automotive) - Lastsoul

Funniest Quote - Dr Grip

Best Noise (Human) - GT1750

Best Car - D-Fence (you can afford it :p)

Mr or Mrs Ringmeet 2016 - thomas

If you aren't on this list but will be attending Ringmeet if you have some stuff kicking around that you don't want or need that you think might make an amusing and/or totally inappropriate prize then please PM the details with a photo. Failing that donations for silly prizes to the value of no more than ?5 are most welcome.

Last edited:
You can of course buy something you have always wanted!

:lol:

Such eventualities have been considered and contingency plans have been made.

But what if I intend on winning it again? :think:

Now that you've mentioned it, we can ensure that it will not happen. 'Cause that's just the kind of people we are. :lol:

Reactions: MWF
God dammit.....success never goes unpunished it seems.....

I'll figure something out.

Now that you've mentioned it, we can ensure that it will not happen. 'Cause that's just the kind of people we are. :lol:

:evil: Just don't expect me to partake in any vote rigging scam. The judge is 100% fair and impartial.

God dammit.....success never goes unpunished it seems.....

Sadly not.

I'll figure something out.

Good man.

Also I should mention of your win was in a "sensible" category then perhaps a sensible prize, and a silly one gets a silly prize. I will leave it to you all to judge which is which.

Best Bavarian Price sorted already. Idea for best car also taking shape, I am just one winning ebay auction away...

Reactions: MWF
Shad, since you disabled private messages: I have an idea for the Jektvik Shield of failure prize, contact me :D

Just wondering something along the same line as Maksim... going with the tradition of the last 2 yeas: Do I get t pick something for myself that I also get to break before I get it? :p

Funny fusker! :p

Thanks to all those who have been in touch about prizes.

Still looking for suggestions for alternative awards - would be nice to mix things up a bit and refrain from rehashing the same old jokes even if I do have various ideas about how to breathe new life into them.

Would you like some interesting products from here?
:p

i am out of ideas actually :(

Funny fusker! :p

Thanks to all those who have been in touch about prizes.

Still looking for suggestions for alternative awards - would be nice to mix things up a bit and refrain from rehashing the same old jokes even if I do have various ideas about how to breathe new life into them.

"Never tell me the odds" award - awarded to a person who made it to ringmeet besides the world trying to stop them (think: Adrian, Maksim... :D)
"You came in that thing?" award - awarded to the person with the most unlikely car to make it to the Ring. Girlfriends not counting for this award.
"The official Kip Party Hard award" - The award to the person spending the most time glued to screens (phone, pc) during ringmeet
"The Thomas "not today" award" - awarded to the person who went closest to a giant fuckup during ringmeet (SLIDING INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC IN A M5!!)