Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Finnish teacher had the same problem booking her trip from AU>FI over the holidays. Booking through Finnair's allocations was $1000 more expensive than going through Qantas's allocations for exactly the same flight. (they codeshare)
Anyhow, I've voted and am plotting to get there for Roadtrip and Ringmeet.

I'm not familiar with international ticket prices and the mechanisms behind them but is there any chance the prices will fall in the upcoming 7 months or so?

I'm not familiar with international ticket prices and the mechanisms behind them but is there any chance the prices will fall in the upcoming 7 months or so?

They'll fluctuate over the next few months. From my experiance you get the best price about 1-1.5 months in advance. Its just mindblowing that theres this crazy price difference for which way you go.

Last edited:
Yeah, more than "2015" is not really known.. I think Ford Germany said something about Spring 2015 at some point but took it down from their website soon after..

Anyhow, I've voted and am plotting to get there for Roadtrip and Ringmeet.
Excellent! :thumbsup: You would be the first 'strayan to turn up, but technically not the one from furthest away, that crown goes to loose_unit even though he cheated by being in Germany the time before and after the meets anyway. ;)

When is ford starting to sell the new pony in EU? 2015?

It's not coming to AU until 2016, so I would imagine Europe will be around the same time.

Excellent! :thumbsup: You would be the first 'strayan to turn up, but technically not the one from furthest away, that crown goes to loose_unit even though he cheated by being in Germany the time before and after the meets anyway. ;)

If you count it properly as "person having travelled the furthest for the sole purpose of attending Ringmeet", then Joe doesn't even rate a mention.

It's not coming to AU until 2016, so I would imagine Europe will be around the same time.

Nah, Ford Germany website still states "probably available 2015".. which got changed from "Available Spring 2015" which was shown for a brief timeframe earlier this year.

If you count it properly as "person having travelled the furthest for the sole purpose of attending Ringmeet", then Joe doesn't even rate a mention.
Well, he emigrated from his home country just to be conveniently close to a meet of weird people from the Internet... that should count... ;)

Nah, he didn't. He was imported by Sarah for her personal pleasure. He is not getting anywhere near the trophy of biggest distance traveled for ringmeet! ;)

Even though i badly want to see Truck GP, i voted for Oldtimer GP because that falls on the Star Citizen event dates again :p

I'd actually rather have it not fall on the SC days so we can stay later and get some interviews.

i voted for Oldtimer GP because that falls on the Star Citizen event dates again :p

As Ice said, would rather have separate dates for that :)

Indeed it does. We can continue the planning stuff in this thread, but as far as I'm concerned, the ringmeet will happen in the OGP weekend, unless someone has a VERY compelling argument why we shouldn't.

Date is noted in my calendar. I asumme I will be staying from the 6th till the 9th.