Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flashed a final update on Lucille's fuel injection. Will give her a bath now and move on to Cologne.

Thomas, it will be me +1, so this year it Will be an invasion from Slovenia :)
One car (probably E39) and one tent. Coming tomorrow, I suppose we should be there arround noon-ish.
I can transfer today, but I think that if I bring it in cash will be faster :p.

Let me know how much and a contact of somebody I can find there at the time. I assume most of you will be at the track wathing the oldiesgoldies drive?

Any tip on when we can go for a drive on the ring? I suppose this is an extra cost, right?

Last edited:
Is it even possible to do a lap this weekend, since there is a race going on?
I might have an option to get an M3 to my hands sooooooo :mrgreen:

Bad news: Ringmeet curse has struck. Lucille developed new problems. Dr_Grip is now limping home again. :( I'll let him tell the details himself.

Well, I made it back to Berlin using B-roads rather than the Autobahn after losing fuel pressure and stranding on an Autobahn exit out of the view of others leaving the Autobahn.
The interesting thing is that the problem never showed up again - but the jury's still out on whether the tank sealant did not cure correctly and is now clogging the fuel system or whether it was "just" vapor lock after a hellish traffic jam (10 miles in 40 minutes in the burning middday sun on one of the hottest days of the week). I got to investigate that now - but first, I'll look for trains to Kreuzberg/Ahr. Watch this space.

EDIT: I'll be at Kreuzberg either at 4:49 or 5:49, depending on whether I get my connection at Cologne.

Last edited:
Crap...if you get a train to Frankfurt or Cologne I could pick you up on the way there...just a thought.

Crap...if you get a train to Frankfurt or Cologne I could pick you up on the way there...just a thought.
I'll be at Cologne at 3:30, if the train (would be) is on time.

Ah, can't do it that early, sorry. But then you should be able to get a train to Kreuzberg or other transportation...

Ah, can't do it that early, sorry. But then you should be able to get a train to Kreuzberg or other transportation...
When are you planning to leave? After work, I presume? Shoot me a pm with your mobile number and I'll text you tomorrow morning... just to keep all options on the table while not being on the computer for the next hours...

I'll leave as soon as work permits with a little stop in Limburg to pack my tent...but I won't be leaving Frankfurt before 3 pm and won't be in Cologne before 6 I fear due to traffic...

You'll get a pm in a second :)

Doc, if you need someone to fetch you from some train station (Kreuzberg, Sinzig, Remagen, Bonn ...), just give us a call.

3:49 train came and went, but no Blake to be seen.

Wait til tomorrow. I'm in Munich tonight.

Dumb question: will there be dryers at the campsite for laundry? (I got one part of that equation done, but things are still damp...)

Wait til tomorrow. I'm in Munich tonight.

Dumb question: will there be dryers at the campsite for laundry? (I got one part of that equation done, but things are still damp...)

It'll be hot enough to dry stuff on the top of tents etc.