Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
Our trip is finally over and we're back in HK safe and sound :)

I have a bunch of photos from the meet, I'll post them to Facebook and the photo thread as soon as ready :)

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
One of the major attraction of the Ringmeets for me has always been the fact that people from all over the world and thousands of miles apart meet in one place, have a great time, find out that they're basically all the same and that national clich?s are exchangeable, and then return back home to wherever they live and carry a pleasant memory to their homes, thousands of miles away...

I sometimes wish I could express this all directly at the meet but as most of you may have noticed, I'm more a writer than a talker ;)

DaHitch

Car(s)
Volvo C30 2.0D - Triumph Tiger 1200 - Honda CB600F
Yea, it's also kind of odd trying to explain this to friends/family/colleagues.

- Are you going on holiday this summer?
Yeah, I'm doing a road trip to the North Cape.
- Oh that's cool, so are you going with a friend?
Well, I'm actually meeting some people in Finland and we're setting off from there.
- So it's like a trip by an organisation with people you've never met?
Well, they're from all over Europe, so some I've met, some I haven't.
- From all over Europe? How do you know these people?
Internet.
- *Blank stare, conversation ends*

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I just refer to you lot as a bunch of internet lunatics and make it seem as creepy as possible. :p I don't care if people don't get it, they're equally confused about my choice of cars anyway. :D

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
I think my family is starting to get used to all the Finns, Brits, Slovenians etc. going through our house, since it's been fairly busy in the past year :D
And I love it and can't wait for the next one. Incentives include good food and rakija :mrgreen:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
Zagreb is 500km from the last german Shell station (for free fuel with the Ford).. if I'm being gentle on the throttle, I might even make it back on one tank :p

That is if it weren't for those silly people asking for autobahn- and tunnel/pass-tolls.. austrians.. slowvenians.. all of them.

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
S203 M271 and a ton of crap
Yea, it's also kind of odd trying to explain this to friends/family/colleagues.

- Are you going on holiday this summer?
Yeah, I'm doing a road trip to the North Cape.
- Oh that's cool, so are you going with a friend?
Well, I'm actually meeting some people in Finland and we're setting off from there.
- So it's like a trip by an organisation with people you've never met?
Well, they're from all over Europe, so some I've met, some I haven't.
- From all over Europe? How do you know these people?
Internet.
- *Blank stare, conversation ends*

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
DON'T TEMPT ME
Zagreb is 500km from the last german Shell station (for free fuel with the Ford).. if I'm being gentle on the throttle, I might even make it back on one tank :p

That is if it weren't for those silly people asking for autobahn- and tunnel/pass-tolls.. austrians.. slowvenians.. all of them.

DOOOO EEEET!! :mrgreen:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Nothing to stop you leaving your little cul-de-sac and heading somewhere else.....

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
So, about that UK roadtrip idea...
I keep telling people but nobody will listen. Doing a Roadtrip in Ukania is a really bad idea, particularly at the traditional time of late July/early August when anything resembling a decent road will be chock full of caravans, motor homes and Zafiras bulging with whining, puking children.

This country basically has a few tiny enclaves of great roads separated by gridlock, there are Gatsos bloody everywhere, fuel and beer are not cheap and most campsites are full of the kind of people you really don't want to get into a conversation with unless you want to partake in line-dancing or wife-swapping.

See here for the expanded argument.....

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Nothing to stop you leaving your little cul-de-sac and heading somewhere else.....
Except the fact that my holidays are used up and the only public holiday left this year falls on a saturday. Next time I have some freetime, will be Christmas and for that (for obvious reasons) I have other obligations.

Last edited: