Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all

Arrived back to Slovenia at 5:10 AM today (972 km), 12 hours in total with a dinner stop and some stops to keep me awake. No traffic jams this time.
As a newbie, I managed to talk only to some of you guys there, and all of you are great.
Sure will join you on next meet and at that time hopefully do the roadtrip as well.
Campsite was very nice, the awards ceremony was great, and the explanation of the "Finland Man" was epic - laughed my ass off.

Thank you all for the hospitallity.

Last edited:
Me and MWF had one heck of an adventure getting home, involving a sample of superb German public transport, flammkuchen and beer at the airport, some waiting for airport engineers to find and extract bits of bird from the engine of a plane, unpredictable German weather at both ends of the first journey, easyJet flying and free coffee.

I also have my hire car, a Nissan Joke. I'll never like the way it looks but after 3 hours straight driving it I like it. I'm still surprisingly awake and feeling fresh. More details tomorrow, it has to go back but I can play first. :D

Not home yet. My flight out of Frankfurt was delayed by 3+ hours, meaning I missed my connecting flight from Helsinki to Singapore, and the final flight from Singapore to Sydney. Finnair re-booked me on a direct flight to Singapore from Frankfurt, but didn't tell me about it.
Currently sitting in a hotel room in Helsinki with 12 hours until my flight.

Oh and for those not on Whatsapp, Mikko now has working car key and is on his way home.

Got home at around 2 in the morning. No incidents, apart from a blown front headlight, which I replaced in a dark parking lot (go me), but the last half hour of highway was a real struggle to stay awake. Not even Finnish Metal helped. :(

Me and MWF had one heck of an adventure getting home, involving a sample of superb German public transport, flammkuchen and beer at the airport, some waiting for airport engineers to find and extract bits of bird from the engine of a plane, unpredictable German weather at both ends of the first journey, easyJet flying and free coffee.

I also have my hire car, a Nissan Joke. I'll never like the way it looks but after 3 hours straight driving it I like it. I'm still surprisingly awake and feeling fresh. More details tomorrow, it has to go back but I can play first. :D

Got home at around 2 in the morning. No incidents, apart from a blown front headlight, which I replaced in a dark parking lot (go me), but the last half hour of highway was a real struggle to stay awake. Not even Finnish Metal helped. :(

I have to attest to the Joke being a really great car to drive a genuine surprise. I also struggled on the drive back from my mum's as I was utterly exhausted. Such a relief to get home and to my own bed. Laundry tonight, deep joy.

Lol, loving the new user titles. Watching them being changed makes it even funnier.

I also wanted to say thank you to this "broherhood" i was invited to. I realy had lot's of fun during this weekend. So hopefully this was just the beginning to a long Ringmeet tradition :).

Special Thanks goes to MacGuffin for Takin me around at the scenic drive, Dave, for showin me the right correct ;) side of car driving, the Finish guy, who gave me a ride in the Porsche and after all just every one for the good time :lol::cool:.

Greetings, Terrex

Currently in Prague, arrived yesterday after a short stop in Rothenburg :)

Thanks to all involved for the good times, even though I didn't spend as much time with you all as I thought ^^'

The meet sure has grown since 7 years ago :3

Thanks for everybody at the meet, I had lots of fun! Sorry if I promised a ride in Porsche to somebody and didn't keep my promise. Couple of times I couldn't find the person. Few times I simply forgot.

Pub quiz was just as ace as last year! As where all the awards! :)

I'll go through my pictures and post them to picture thread when I have a bit more time. Monday was last day on my holiday, so now it's back to work and quite a lot of catching up to do.

Yeah, forums don't read themselves. :p Meanwhile we're in Finnish network range and out of the boat in around two hours, I hope.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of weather, but the ringmeet was fucking epic.

Glad to know at least two answers of the pubquiz. Again, thanks to Mr Adu and Mrs Adu for organising.