Ringmeets Past - has any FinalGearian ever crashed or spun out?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Just about to watch this with Junior and so of course he asked me if I had ever spun out/crashed on the 'Ring.

I haven't but I realise that with ten Ringmeets under the collective FG belt there may be history of which I am not aware.

So Ringmeeters, is our collective record spotless as I imagine it to be or are there any skeletons on the cupboard?

Please note roadtrip fails and campsite incidents do not qualify.

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Adrian had several spins on his first lap. With completely worn out rear tyres, in the rain.. And then there's the minor grass cutting from this year by me.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Not counting wheels off track without spinning and the incidents DaBoom already mentioned, only Kip's breakdown in the last corner some years ago comes to mind.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
I had 2 wheels in the grass at Br?nnchen in the 190E, that's the closest I've been to crashing.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
There was one incident of going straight but louder, however it didn't result in getting the wheels off tarmac.

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
I did a 360 in the 944 once, in the rain (2008, I think).

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
I did a 360 in the 944 once, in the rain (2008, I think).
Yes that was in 2008, but technically after the meet had ended ;) remember you telling about it after I got home. That was also the year Kip almost killed me, swek (I think) and you too I think (some exaggeration, but it was scarry) :p

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
Two wheels on or maybe just past the curbs is as far as I ever got "off track". I think I kicked up some dirt, so potentially the latter. Gotta ask Q or Adamar, they were on the passenger side which is the one in question here ;)

mautzel

Car(s)
Octavia Combi Mk II
I had to stop because the turbocharger of my Golf failed while passing the carousel (problem was solved every time I started the car up again) and I was fearing something major like oil spilling or another technical issue might have happened. I went off the track just after the carousel and was screamed at for doing so by a warden nearby. I could carry on half a minute later, though.

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
no crashes, no spun outs, but i think most of my passengers were too afraid to talk to me after the ride (or they were thankfull of being more alive than ever) :think:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
no crashes, no spun outs, but i think most of my passengers were too afraid to talk to me after the ride (or they were thankfull of being more alive than ever) :think:
I wasn't a passenger during one of your laps, but if the ride to the ring is an indication...yeah. :lol:

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
You know I do have to wonder what would've happened if DaBoom hadn't noticed my water leak and the engine had seized on the track. Would an auto lock up?