Video: RIP Motor Trend on Youtube

by now they're all on netflix anyways...

YouTube is killing itself by arbitrarily demonetizing videos. YT still makes ad revenue from them, but the channel will not.

Linus Media Group(Linus Tech Tips) has built their own streaming service and others will follow. It does not mean the end of the free videos, it will just take longer for them to reach YT.

GRtak;n3547675 said:
YouTube is killing itself by arbitrarily demonetizing videos. YT still makes ad revenue from them, but the channel will not.

Linus Media Group(Linus Tech Tips) has built their own streaming service and others will follow. It does not mean the end of the free videos, it will just take longer for them to reach YT.

Yep I am seeing a lot of this from others as well, many are jumping ship because they simply cannot make enough money anymore to do it full time and you can't deliver good content if you can't concentrate on it.

Since I am already paying for MTOD this will not affect me now. I just hope that they can continue to provide good videos. And that the deal with Discovery will not affect them negatively.

Hok;n3547692 said:
Since I am already paying for MTOD this will not affect me now. I just hope that they can continue to provide good videos. And that the deal with Discovery will not affect them negatively.

After seeing the other shows now offered on MTOD because of Discovery I'll be subscribing now. I've been holding out, but now that only makes it more worth it to me.

I've been subscribed for over a year now, originally the main motivation was Roadkill Garage (second only to Roadkill itself as best show IMO) but I watched the entire Aussie supercars series on there and the extras from Discovery are very nice. I still find it easily to watch old episodes of Roadkill on Youtube though and always will so it's a shame that no more will be going on there.

I subscribed, the $25/yr deal seems solid for the kind of content they deliver. Sucks that Youtube has become a dying platform for good content.

I understand their decision, it sucks but, they need to make money.