Ownership Verified: Rossco's New Wagon

Rossco

Car(s)
05 Saab 9-5, '99 Yamaha XVS650A, '07 Suzuki DL650
Hey everyone!
After the salt demons claimed my 9000 Aero, I needed to find a replacement. So I found this nice 2005 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon for sale in Montpelier VT.

It's pretty well equipped too. It has a factory subwoofer, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and a TD04 turbocharger (same as the Aero model). It also has the optional five-speed automatic transmission. I know I'm gonna get some flack for having a slushbox, but when you have to drive around the Greater Boston area all day for your job, working a clutch just isn't ideal.

That being said, being a 9-year old Saab with almost 100k miles it does need a few little things. I have to re-attach the rain sensor for the wipers, give it an alignment, and address some minor "dogleg" rust that's starting to creep on this car. All will (hopefully) be addressed before summer ends.

I have already replaced a nylon busihing in the drivers-side window regulator known by 9-5 owners as a "green roller"

And here's the proof pic.

Last edited:
Whew, when I saw "wagon" I was worried you'd gone Volvo. Does yours have the ventilated seats?

No ventilated seats unfortunately, doesn't have the heated rear seat either. First world problems I guess.

:cheers: Almost engine buddies! :lol:

Although not an Aero and a slushbox :no: Get it chipped at least!

Is this the one with the 2.3T (capital T) badge?

In this part of the world the 4-cylinder 9-5 was available as 2.0t, 2.3t, 2.3T and Aero. Capital T for more boost or something. It came pretty late in the model cycle and I'm guessing they did it to compete with Volvo's ~200hp low-pressure turbo. The other power outputs had Volvo equivalents as well.

There was also a GM V6 with a strange turbo setup and a bunch of different diesels but I'm guessing that the vast majority of 9-5's sold in most markets had some version of the 4-cylinder Saab lump.

As it has a TD04 (unless upgraded by a previous owner) it'll be the capital T. The lower case t ones had a Garrett turbo.

:cheers: Almost engine buddies! :lol:

Although not an Aero and a slushbox :no: Get it chipped at least!

Not a fan of Aero suspension, or the lack of ground clearance. I have to use my car for my job due to a shortage of trucks in at work. I learned very quickly why my employer phased out manual gearboxes in the fleet 30 years ago. Especially where I'm located, which is pretty much a traffic jam all day.

I am very good friends with one of the top Saab tuners in the Northeast, so a stage 1 tune will be happening.

Is this the one with the 2.3T (capital T) badge? .

Yep, 2.3 capital T four banger. :)

I did get to put some new shoes on the wagon today though. Aero 5-spokes.

Last edited:
Those were 2006 to 2009, so the 2005s were the last good-looking ones..

If it had them, you could tell from those photos to be sure.

Yup.
Saab_9-5_Sportcombi_II._Facelift_front_20091226.jpg
Yeurgh.