Rotaries

There is no reason that it could not deliver power to the wheels. The rotor positions are tuned for optimal power curve and smoothness.

whoops. my bad (again) I was talking this was in regards to knocking out the resonant frequencies where it risks shaking itself apart.

EDIT:

500 horsepower/800 ft-lbs at 3200rpm...
I'm used to the torque numbers being below the HP. this is a pleasant twist. I do wonder how much fuel it will use at the top end...

And a side thought. The rx8 has almost the same hp/torque numbers at the ft86.

whoops. my bad (again) I was talking this was in regards to knocking out the resonant frequencies where it risks shaking itself apart.

It would still be there but I don't know if it would be better or worse. It would eliminate the wobbling idle though.

Pretty sure it's the same engine that was featured in this post. The original builder was killed last year in a boating accident. I think its been sold and passed around.

I'm the original builder. The guy that died was an employee of mine that was fired several years ago for theft. I wish it had been sold and passed around so I would get some sleep and quit spending so much money on it.

I see some stuff about vibration, did you watch the running at different angles video all the way to the end? I put a glass of water on the engine and it runs so smooth that there are not even ripples in the water.

I see some stuff about vibration, did you watch the running at different angles video all the way to the end? I put a glass of water on the engine and it runs so smooth that there are not even ripples in the water.

That is amazing.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you lubricating it? Are you running premix, or are you using an injection system? What kind of oil?

(God, it's been over a year since the last post!)

Curran Brothers' RX2 has a new powerplant. It used to be a three-rotor, triple-turbo setup. Then it went to twin-turbo, then four-rotor, single turbo.

It's now got four turbos...

:blink: