Rotary Engine discussion

Renesis said:
nice avatar! a bit jerky when it reatarts but it's cool nonetheless! 8)

yaa...i took that clip on my camera at the detoit motor show...and i am not too good with editing so just made it into gif as it is :)

why do rotary engines have less power compared to pistons? like the drag cars piston engines (e.g. RB26) pump like 1000+ hp while the RX-7 or whatever rotarys pump like 500? i think the most i seen on a rotary is like 600-700. not counting NOS coz nos is just fuckin gay and shit

well you can make pistons engines with 12 cylenders or more.. so if you make a rotary with 6 rotors you'll get amazing amounts of power! already with 3 rotors you're making more than enough!

I like how it's different, how it revs so high, the amazing sound it makes it's smoothness it's so... hmmmm 8)

I like unconventional things

Wait... isnt the RX8 putting out almost 250hp with a 1.3L rotary?

The closest piston engines I can think of are the VTEC Honda S2000 with its 250hp 2.0L, 200hp 2.0L in the Type-S RSX and the old 1.8L 180hp from the Integra GSR/Type-R.

So honestly... wouldnt a 1.3L rotary be much closer to a 2.0-3.0L piston (4 or 6 cylinder) engine?

well you cannot compare exactly the wankel with any other engine....because of it's structure you will have to compare it with a 2.6 lt engine and not with a1.3...
by the way renesis have you driven a rx-8?

no the official rating is 1.3 not 2.6 and BTW it's 238 Hp now...

and no I havn't driven one

no turbo, turbos aren't suited to the Renesis. Prolly a supercharged Mazdaspeed version though

So Renesis, are you saving some money to buy a Wankel engined car? RX8? RX7?
What does the RX-8 cost over there?

the one I'd like to have manual GT RX-8 without nav but with sunroof is $41k.

I couldn't even pay the taxes on it... :lol:

Hehe...the Renesis HP (231bhp) here costs about ? 50.000 that's about USD $ 61.000...So I guess i'll import it from Germany of something...

[ Tnx off/lang :D ]

Renesis said:
the one I'd like to have manual GT RX-8 without nav but with sunroof is $41k.

I couldn't even pay the taxes on it... :lol:
Move to America. A fully-loaded RX-8 manual is 33,000... or even 32,000 depending on the dealer.

Jostyrostelli how did you convert the video to .gif? I need help with this immediatly!
I'll pm you.