Rotary Engine discussion

jostyrostelli said:
the Renesis HP (231bhp) here costs about ? 50.000 that's about USD $ 61.000...So I guess i'll import it from Germany of something...

That's surprising! Here in Germany many people buy import-cars from other European-countries (for example the Netherlands) cause they are cheaper there.
The RX8, fully loaded but without Nav, costs about 30.000? here! :?:

Btw, as I mentioned before - some months ago - my father thought about buying the RX-8. He was really serious about it, we even did 2 test-runs, talked with the dealer, etc.
Instead of a RX8 he went for a Golf though... :wink:

cya
Oli

oliB said:
jostyrostelli said:
the Renesis HP (231bhp) here costs about ? 50.000 that's about USD $ 61.000...So I guess i'll import it from Germany of something...

That's surprising! Here in Germany many people buy import-cars from other European-countries (for example the Netherlands) cause they are cheaper there.

Btw, as I mentioned before - some months ago - my father thought about buying the RX-8. He was really serious about it, we even did 2 test-runs, talked with the dealer, etc.

cya

Then why is it so strange as it costs ?20.000 lesser then in F*cking Expensive Holland? It has something to do with the taxed here...you pay BPM (...don't know how its called in english...) to the government.
I think I would buy one from Germany or Belgium (heard its cheaper there also)
Oli

oliB said:
jostyrostelli said:

cya
Oli

So why it's surprise then that we buy them in Germany? As its ?20.000 cheaper? I would buy an RX8 from germany of belgium (heard its cheaper there also)

Rotary Power

Traxion-DSC03423-A.jpg

Traxion-DSC03417-A.jpg

Traxion-DSC03415-A.jpg

jostyrostelli said:
So why it's surprise then that we buy them in Germany? As its ?20.000 cheaper? I would buy an RX8 from germany of belgium (heard its cheaper there also)

It is surprising because Germans buy cars in the Netherlands cause they are cheaper. Now the RX8 is about 20.000? cheaper here in Germany, why is that?? Normally cars are more expensive here...

cya
Oli

@Renesis:
It's interesting that you're such a big fan of the RX8 respectively the rotary engine without having driven one! :wink:

I've driven the RX8 twice now, of course it's nice but not overwhelming or something like that. I think I had as much fun in the Mini Cooper S, if not more...

And there's something that I don't understand, the topspeed...
Ok, it's got 231 hp and the aerodynamics shouldn't be that bad too but why does it only 230 km/h (142 miles/h)? A 190 hp 3series already does 10 km/h (6 miles/h) more and even the Cooper S with 163 hp does only 10 km/h less than the RX8. :?:

Just my 2 cents...
Oli

tops at 240km/h (148mph), redline in 5th and electronically limited in 6th

and who care about top speed apart from the crazy fucks in germany? :lol:

and I don't like it cause it's got Ferrari performance, it doesn't and I know it but it's fast enough for me (and most), handles good, looks good, isn't too pricey, has place for kids and grocery, can still bbe comfortable and sounds superb!

it's a whole package you can't compare it with hardcore sportscars you have to compare it for what it is

oliB said:
@Renesis:
It's interesting that you're such a big fan of the RX8 respectively the rotary engine without having driven one! :wink:

I've driven the RX8 twice now, of course it's nice but not overwhelming or something like that. I think I had as much fun in the Mini Cooper S, if not more...

And there's something that I don't understand, the topspeed...
Ok, it's got 231 hp and the aerodynamics shouldn't be that bad too but why does it only 230 km/h (142 miles/h)? A 190 hp 3series already does 10 km/h (6 miles/h) more and even the Cooper S with 163 hp does only 10 km/h less than the RX8. :?:

Just my 2 cents...
Oli
Umm... Ive driven both the MINI Cooper S and the RX-8 (both manual and automatic) and I think that the RX-8's driving experience is much more enjoyable. The rear-wheel drive really helps in this case and the engine is just so easy to use and has one of the nicest manual gearboxes that Ive used. The Mini is nice, but its gearbox is a bit "harsh" and its handling is nice, but it understeers quite a lot. But, thats just my impression of the two.

???
Wow, I never heard of that!
I googled and now I believe you. :wink:

Electronically limited??
Why? And why is it not limited to 250/155 like other cars?

Renesis said:
and who cares about top speed apart from the crazy fucks in germany? :lol:

Yeah, here in Germany we care about top speed, at least I do. :wink:
Glad that my father went for the Golf! :mrgreen:

cya
Oli

Electronically limited??
Why? And why is it not limited to 250/155 like other cars?

I don't know...

And I woudln't buy a Golf over an RX-8 cause it tops out 10km/h higher :roll:

Hehe, of course that's not an important reason. :wink:
Also here in Germany you can't do 250/155 all the time- as you probably know.

I would have been happy with the RX-8 too! :)
The thing is that my father bought the car, not me.

There are several things he wanted. For example practicality...even though the RX8 is practical it is not as practical as a Golf. The boot is rather big but it is difficult to use, the bootlid/the opening of the boot is not really big, etc.
My father hasn't owned an automatic car yet but now he wanted one. Here in Germany there's no auto available for the RX-8 (and I don't think rotary and auto works) but you can have a R32 with DSG. (which you can use as an auto but which is basically a six-speed gearbox with two clutches)

Oh yeah, and the most important argument against the RX-8 was:
My mother thought my father is too old for such a car/it's too flashy! (he's 52) :lol:

cya
Oli

I understand all your arguments, though you can have a RX-8 with an automatic but you can forget performance..