Rumours of 5th gears demise greatly exaggerated

I'd like to see Vicki, Tiff, Tom and Jonny and for it to go back to the way it was before they tried copying TopGear. Vicki and Tiff bring the serious driver's angle and Tom and Jonny are good at entertaining reviews and segments.

:lmao: at that post's wording.

By "some say," I wonder if it's out of the mouth of someone on the current TG staff?

Oh good, I'm delighted to have come across this thread! I love Top Gear, but I need Fifth Gear, for some real car action. God I love the dogfights, and their circuit testing.

Hope they stay on air for many months to come.

Oh, and giving away a car or two increases the budget doesn't it? Why not stop that?

:lmao: at that post's wording.

By "some say," I wonder if it's out of the mouth of someone on the current TG staff?

No that came straight of Johnny Smith's twitter page. He and Tiff both make little TG jokes like that. 5th gear in general often makes little light hearted TG jokes.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I was in contact with Five about six weeks ago and was told by one of their production team that the contract has not been renewed for fifth gear. It has come to an end and five will have nothing more to do with it- I was told this was due to poor viewing figures and budget.
That's not to say another channel won't take it up in the future- who knows.

How did you find yourself in contact with someone on the Fifth Gear production team?

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I was in contact with Five about six weeks ago and was told by one of their production team that the contract has not been renewed for fifth gear. It has come to an end and five will have nothing more to do with it- I was told this was due to poor viewing figures and budget.
That's not to say another channel won't take it up in the future- who knows.

@Carpervert Breaking news: Fifth Gear IS coming back. When more factual gossip emerges I will let you know.

http://twitter.com/Carpervert/status/7513776478

From Tiff's Twitter:

Home to the news that, after much negotiatiing Fifth Gear looks like it will after all be returning to your screens sometime in the Spring!

Linky

Also, from Johny's twitter:
Wow, such quick responses! Basically, we all know there's room for 2 car TV shows. FG will simply be a reviews based visual car magazine.

And from Tiff:
Glad so many of you are delighted by the Fifth Gear news - and, yes the format will be moving away from the stupid ... but still having fun!

Great news if they move back from the stupid stuff.

Fantastic! and good to hear that they are moving back towards reality.

+1 ! :)

Less supercars (or v expensive cars), less Tiff/Jason races and that'll be perfect.
(and ideally less VBH, I'm no fan of hers, but that'd be pushing it. :D)

Well why not, they had quite a few good shows. I hope this time they let Johny loose a bit more, get rid of certain reviewers and give Tiff and Jason also more free space. I bet they could make a good show even with cars from lower price classes.

And as someone above me said: STOP giving away cars already. What the hell? Use that money for something to improve the show!

The Tiff vs Jason bits used to be really good. They are doing those dumb time trial tests now. I liked it when they were actually racing each other.

you know, if you send the guys your favorite videos to them on twitter, they'll most likely look over them and consider something similar for the next series.

Has there been any more news on Fifth Gear actually coming back to television? They still update the site with Graham doing videos so the show is still around in some capacity, but it would be nice to hear more.

Someone here has to follow Jonny on twitter, has he posted anything else?

Has there been any more news on Fifth Gear actually coming back to television? They still update the site with Graham doing videos so the show is still around in some capacity, but it would be nice to hear more.

Someone here has to follow Jonny on twitter, has he posted anything else?

Come along this wknd to the NEC to check us and our close shaves out. 5 shows a day. Otherwise prog back on telly late Spring we reckon.

http://twitter.com/FifthGearTV/status/7804331244