RWD hatches!

800px-Morris_Marina_1300_Wien.jpg

Oh my god - how did we forget the Morris Marina?

Nissan 370Z

Basically what you're doing with this thread, is just to name almost all RWD cars that has been or is still on sale.

The FIAT (SEAT built it under license) 127 is FWD and it isn't pathetic at all, it was one of the best cars of its class.

Nah, it's a FWD.

I donno guys :| but the model we have here in Egypt is a rear engined RWD, I've driven one it's very very light, especially from the front.

I donno guys :| but the model we have here in Egypt is a rear engined RWD, I've driven one it's very very light, especially from the front.

Could it be a 126? That one's rear-engined and rear-wheel drive, and a bit smaller.

http://img193.imageshack.**/img193/3719/fiat126.jpg

Not this, this is a coup?:

417179475_81c4a54d4c.jpg

But whatever. Another pointless thread - feel free.

"Hatchback is a term designating an automobile design, containing a passenger cabin with an integrated cargo space, accessed from behind the vehicle by a single, top-hinged tailgate or large flip-up window."

Trunk is connected with seating area, there is no solid divider in between. If you can open up the trunk and throw something onto the seat through the trunk opening, then it's a hatchback.

In other words, if the rear window lifts up with the trunk lid, it's a hatchback. if the rear window stays stationary, it's a sedan or a coupe.

Last edited:
I can get to the back of mine from the front seats, and it's RWD primarily. :D

Vauxhall Chevette too.

"Introduction of the Chevette 3-door Hatchback in Base and L model variations. Both had an improved version of the 1256 cc OHV engine from the Viva, with a similar 4-speed gearbox, rear wheel drive, independent front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and servo-assisted dual circuit brakes. Initial standard equipment included two-speed heater fan, radial tyres, reversing lights, heated rear window and reclining front seats."

800px-Vauxhall_Chevette_loved_by_learners.JPG

Last edited:
Opel monza:
Opel_monza_v_sst.jpg

EDIT:
Also, the Ford Scorpio MK.1 was available as a hatchback, but some might still refer to it as a 4-door saloon:
Ford_Scorpio_rear_20070801.jpg

Last edited:
The Scorpio MK2 was the Granada here, which was essentially a tarted up Sierra. This could get confusing, because cars like the Granada have had lots of different versions.

If life were like a terrible romantic comedy, Spectre and Ian Callum would fall in love.

"Hatchback is a term designating an automobile design, containing a passenger cabin with an integrated cargo space, accessed from behind the vehicle by a single, top-hinged tailgate or large flip-up window."

Trunk is connected with seating area, there is no solid divider in between. If you can open up the trunk and throw something onto the seat through the trunk opening, then it's a hatchback.

In other words, if the rear window lifts up with the trunk lid, it's a hatchback. if the rear window stays stationary, it's a sedan or a coupe.

Stop chopping my arguments up. And I dont care. Its my opinion.

The Scorpio MK2 was the Granada here, which was essentially a tarted up Sierra. This could get confusing, because cars like the Granada have had lots of different versions.

Just type Ford Granada Scorpio, which is the name it is commonly referred to as online. Oh yeah, and the Scorpio was not really a "tarted up Sierra" granted, quite a few parts are interchangeable, but overall they are 2 completely different cars.