S6 2007/12/01 AS National R - TBO

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Don't forget to take the FXO <_<.

2:07.350 - RB4 - Team Inferno
2:06.340 - XRT - N/A
2:05.170 - FXO - N/A but AS National is available

Clearly we know what car prevails but I still stand that FWD is the devil :p.

Last edited:
I may not be able to join this race. Ah, well, either way, I'll have no points at the end ... :rolleyes:

That's the right attitude epp :rolleyes:.

You have got to stop thinking that way. You won't be Schumacher overnight.

Race 1 was a bit tough at the beginning, everyone had passed by the end of lap 1 for some reason.
However I got back in to it and was in third after a bit.
The pit stop took quite a while for repairs, but I don't recall hitting anyone particularly hard.

Race 2, I tried to be a bit more aggressive in the start, and I almost pulled that off, but unfortunately I ended up spinning.

Stats and points:
http://download.yousendit.com/D50C8A6C631CE212

Qualifying sucked...blah.

Race 1:

Got a good start off the line and passed MXM. By lap 2 I got Henry on T1 after drafting him down the straight. Things were looking good. Henry passed me again on the subsequent lap after I made a mistake. On lap 4 there was a little melee in T1. I had to be hard on my brakes and shift right into first. I was looking to find a way through but then I got bumped by ESPNsti and he passed me for position.

For the next 1.5 laps I had a great fight with Henry and Rich. We managed to fit three cars through T1 and then battled all the way into the last corner where we split up. Henry pitted and Rich and I continued our race. MXM and I were always close to each other and like MXM said, I had the straight away power while he was catching me in corners.

After the pit stop I came out in sixth. A lap later Rich and MXM pitted and I was able to surpass them both. I eventually finished fourth but I was trying to catch ESPNsti but he wouldn't have it.

Race 2:

My race only lasted four laps. I was able to get up to second since MXM was in the FXO. Kevin was right behind me for four laps and kept hitting me from behind. Nothing happened from that because it was some friendly contact. On lap four though, the whole race unravelled for me. Both Pete and I weren't giving each other an inch for position going into T1. I was in the grass going over the bump and just lost it. There was some contact but I was already sideways. Oh well. The rest of the race was unexciting.

Qualifying went well, I really got the last corner perfect and even with a 1:07.29 split I managed a nice time to secure easily pole.

Good start in 1st race, really fast start from Burnsy with the RB4, I wasn't expecting it to be faster of the line that the XRT. I was carrying 45kg but still. Burnsy was in the lead but I was catching him up, he had slower pace in the 1st race. I was right behind him when he entered the pits. Posted a few fast laps, I had minor damage but luckily it didn't get repaired so my pitstop was fast. I came out right infront of him, was really really close. Sadly I couldn't hold onto my position, last lap head to head in T1, inside mine, decided to play safe, brake early, didn't want to lock up and understeer into Burnsy. Couldn't make a move then, extra weight really + rwd meant I was way slower on the corner exits in the slower part of the track.

2nd race started really well, very nice battles between Mischief and Burnsy, which meant I could catch up while they were slowing each other. Lap 4 all 3 of us neck and neck on the straight, XRT being a bit faster it was a tight entry between Mischief and me for T1. Non of us would give up, both braking late. I stayed way on the outside, bit over the sand there, Mischief way on the inside across the grass, getting sideways, small collision, and he ended up stuck in the sand. :(

From then on the race was not exciting, made an error last corner, costing me 5-6seconds at least. Couldn't catch up to FF or Burnsy. I only tried to beat Burnsy's fastest time for the best lap and +1 point, almost managed to in the last lap, .07s!

I was really looking forward to the race because as it started with Michief, Burnsy and me really close together I though it will be an intense trio battle till the end. Too bad it didn't work out, but I guess that's racing.