Sabine - some weekend footage - temporary ring taxi

scotth_uk

nice... but short :)

Buba

They hadn't time to paint the taxi or has it been wrecked?

Not sure that the new Ring taxi has been officially launched yet. There is some talk about the fact that she is ferrying important BMW guests around, whilst getting used to the new M5.

Also some rumours about engine problems.

But do you know if the taxi ride is available or is it on hold?

The taxi is always available, provided you book approximately a year in advance. It is still running the previous model M5 though as far as I know.

Nice vid. I've got to start saving for a go in that taxi. Have you ever been in it scott?

He did a lap in the Zakspeed Viper. It's more expensive but easier to get a place.
Am I right, Scott?

Bihus - well remembered :)

Yes, I have been for a lap in the Zakspeed car. It's a shorter waiting list, more cancellations on the day, and MUCH more expensive (not as heavily subsidised as the BMW cars).

scotth_uk said:
Bihus - well remembered :)

Yes, I have been for a lap in the Zakspeed car. It's a shorter waiting list, more cancellations on the day, and MUCH more expensive (not as heavily subsidised as the BMW cars).

It's more expensive per se, and you can't share the price by other passengers, which makes it even worse.

I would think the new M5 would be less fun than the old one. At least before, you got to watch her shift gears. Now she'll just be flicking paddles.

Didn't she have an Alpina 5-series for part of last year?