Saleen S331 Supercharged Sport Truck

Pfft, Ram SRT-10 > all. I mean it has a fucking Viper engine in it! V10 baby!

Shame it can't tow like this F-150 can though...

It's cool and all but I bet for the price of that truck you could get a Saleen Mustang or some other suped-up 'Stang. I'm not a Ford guy anyways but would still like to try it out.

112_0507_01l+2005_chevrolet_silverado_ss_pickup+front_right.jpg

Silverado SS FTW!

A few friends and I got to drive those a couple of years back, along with a duramax diesel silverado, at a GM test drive event. They didn't exactly allow aggressive driving, but it was the end of the day, and several of us had grabbed wrist bands so we could drive (you had to be 21, several of us weren't). Anyhow, we punished those trucks, and did everything we could get to get them sideways. They didn't stay sideways for long (we are what some would jokingly call "mad tyte drifters yo!"), but damn it, we never rolled them! :lol:

Oh and the SS was damn fun to drive. The duramax diesel was surprisingly good to, considering it was a diesel engined pick-up.

Yes but the viper has a serious problem, it...ah...it's...not a Ford?:unsure:

And the Saleen has a similar problem as the Viper, neither are Chevy's :p

Yes but the viper has a serious problem, it...ah...it's...not a Ford?

Sorry, but I was burned during the Dodge Intrepid saga and let my bias cloud my judgment. Now I will be banned from this site for my hateful remarks.:lol:

Why must Toyota ruin things? Don't they understand that U.S. car company executives can't even afford their 4th summer home anymore? That they have to throw one party a day instead of five?

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of "sport trucks", I'd like to include the GMC Sy/Ty (Syclone/Typhoon):

http://img294.imageshack.**/img294/2323/marlborof4e8b7lk0.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.**/img353/6972/carcraft10914f7e722wo9.jpg

:heart:

A few friends and I got to drive those a couple of years back, along with a duramax diesel silverado, at a GM test drive event.....Oh and the SS was damn fun to drive. The duramax diesel was surprisingly good to, considering it was a diesel engined pick-up.

Nice! :thumbup: I've never actually driven one but would love to someday...:yes:

And the Saleen has a similar problem as the Viper, neither are Chevy's :p

:lol: Here's my opinion on Fords; growing up, my family owned several Fords: 86 Taurus, 90 Tempo, 89 F150 Lariat..etc. All of them had transmission failures at least once, anywhere between 40-60k miles into service life. The F150 had fuel pump failure shortly thereafter, and something was always not working properly on the rest of them. The Taurus seems to have given us the least trouble, but still had a short life due to its untimely demise caused by my brother's GF flipping it over (insert sexist driving joke here). Needless to say that those Fords left a bad taste in my mouth. Hell, as I'm writing this, my uncle's Explorer sit's in his daughter's driveway due to...wait for it...tranmission failure! So it's not so much that I'm a Chevy lover rather than a Ford despiser, thats all. ;) I drive a GMC Sierra at work and it is a far cry from any F150 I've ever driven. :D Just my opinion though.

As for Dodge, ...what can I say? Could go either way I suppose.

Well I would like it, except it's a Ford :D. I've never been able to really get into "sport trucks" at all, I do like the engine. I wish they'd stick an NA 5.4 in the Mustang already.

While we're on the subject of "sport trucks", I'd like to include the GMC Sy/Ty (Syclone/Typhoon):

http://img294.imageshack.**/img294/2323/marlborof4e8b7lk0.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.**/img353/6972/carcraft10914f7e722wo9.jpg

:heart:
Its gonna fucking roll !!!! :lol:

I'm from ewroup (europe) and I kinda like it.. Not a too big fan of trucks in general tho..

I'm kind of a sore thumb sticking out here in the land of the truck, America. Three letters come to mind when I hear the word "sport truck": a P, O, and an S.

:jeremy:

I saw a concept of this truck last year at the Saleen plant in Michigan.
Then on Woodward at the dream cruise..awesome truck!!!
161228.jpg

161229.jpg

161230.jpg