Same Sex Marriage legal in New York

Incorrect. Your point is based on the assumption that there are only two categories of sexuality, heterosexual and homosexual - or exclusively attracted to the same or opposite sex. This is not the case, sexuality exists on a continuum from one extreme to the other and most people are not "100%" to either end. Most humans are capable of appreciating an attractive member of the same sex, at least a little bit by acknowledging that s/he is an attractive person.

The situations that you are mentioning are likely individuals who lie somewhere between the extremes. There is much more individual variance in sexuality than people realize.

The majority of people lie just inside the extreme heterosexual end of the spectrum, and the population tapers to the heterosexual end of the spectrum with about 10% of people identifying as "homosexual". That 10% has been consistent through the years and cross culturally, it is also about the same rate as observed in animals in the wild - indicating a genetic component.

That is right you sexy bitch. :eek: :p

In all seriousness, this is just another in a long line of "types" or races that couldn't inter-marry. It is just a narrow view of what some people think humanity should be like, and never will.

I mean, before coming to North America, the pilgrims got kicked out of Holland. How bad do you have to be if the Dutch aren't willing to put up with you?
/history lesson
:lol::lol:

Anyway, as a person who takes her religion very seriously, and comes from a rather traditional and religious family, I have to say:

Whats the big deal? ;) I cant count how many times I've been involved in this very subject over the years, and every time it ends with the opposing person saying:

"But...but...it's because..because...I dunno! I just don't like it!" :p

The people who are opposed to gay marriage always give the same reasons:

"It's against my religion."

"I just don't like it. It just aint natural."

"It gives me the heebie-jeebies."

No matter what your opinion is, or your feelings, or your beliefs...we have a separation of Church and State for a reason. While I personally don't really agree with it, if I'm honest and I ask myself why I feel this way...I don't have an answer. Maybe it's a cultural thing or something, but it doesn't matter.

I have no right to use my personal beliefs to tell two other people who they can marry and who they cant. And neither does anyone else.

If I sit here and say that the government has no right to interfere with my religious worship, I have acknowledge that it goes both ways. That also means that I have no right to use my religious beliefs to tell the government to set laws on anything. Including marriage.

So, if you don't agree with gay marriage, then um...don't marry anyone of the same gender. :p

Yeah, I do remember that. And I also remember being a bit surprised by that. Because, by and all, Mainers are pretty private people who couldn't give two shits what other adults did in the privacy of their own home. Just as long as they didn't do it outside where they could frighten the hosses.

I suspect it was people From Away who came in and got that overturned.

A few of them had a hand; yeah. Some who helped with Prop 8 in California gave some advice to Stand for Marriage Maine (the main group behind "Yes on 1"), not to mention the more northern part of the state (where I am) has a pretty good smattering of Roman Catholics (not to mention a smattering of conservative evangelicals, and just more conservative folk in general); they likely came out in full force and shut down the more progressive southern part of Maine (Portland area, mostly). I just wish there was some outside help for Protect Maine Equality (main group behind "No on 1").

That all said, I was very surprised Question 1 passed that year. I thought the "No" side would have it, largely because we Mainers are very much "live and let live". And as long as we have a "Tea Partier" as a governor, there's no way the legislature is going to try to pass gay marriage again. :(

Your point is based on the assumption that there are only two categories of sexuality, heterosexual and homosexual - or exclusively attracted to the same or opposite sex. This is not the case, sexuality exists on a continuum from one extreme to the other and most people are not "100%" to either end. Most humans are capable of appreciating an attractive member of the same sex, at least a little bit by acknowledging that s/he is an attractive person.

QFT.

I'm not sure about the majority being extreme heterosexual, because I have been told on multiple occasions the fact that I find vaginas incredibly gross means there is something seriously wrong with me. I would rate the extreme ends of the scale as "members of ____ sex are as appealing to have sex with as spiders" or something.
Illustrative graph of my understanding of subject.
Untitled-1-1.png

http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/4722/spelld.jpg

Last edited: