Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting

In a majority of these events the gunman has worn black clothing which must be reduced. No darker shade than navy should be available other than with acknowledgment of its societal threat. Combinations of darker shades should be reduced and those who wear such be under surveillance.

All of these could lead to a reduction of harm.

wut

With this in mind I believe that television and radio should be prohibited from discussing a shooting event other than to announce that a shooting has occurred and state and region Ex: ?A shooting has occurred in southern Connecticut. In other news?? This is entirely constitutional under Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. Federal Communications Commission. Any further acknowledgment on television and radio will mean a penalty of 10% of profit of parent company. Newspapers can still publish these stories under first amendment protections however government may impose a limitation of information released. This period of reduced information would control the hype of these events which could cause people to want to emulate them.

Mental health should also be looked at but not to the extent that we vilify those who are mentally ill. Also there are those who are unidentified and have not had access to mental health care. Therefor I feel that mandatory annual cursory mental health checkups for every person over the age of 12 would reduce this chance of an event such as this occurring. This would normalize mental health and remove the stigma of receiving mental health treatment.

In a majority of these events the gunman has worn black clothing which must be reduced. No darker shade than navy should be available other than with acknowledgment of its societal threat. Combinations of darker shades should be reduced and those who wear such be under surveillance.

All of these could lead to a reduction of harm.

133576520778.jpg

....am I being subtly trolled here?

Last edited:
I think the main issue is not whether people can have guns or not... There are other countries where there are as many, or more, guns per person than in the US. Yet the gun related crime is much lower. Canada for example.

I proposed people who wanted to keep large rifles, they should keep them in the shooting range, cos they're useless for home defense. Someone said "well what about outside hunting?" Well... ban semi automatic rifles and go back to bolt action 5-shooters. If you're hunting it's about skill and patience isn't it? Why do you need a 30 round semi automatic rifle? Noob.

I proposed people who wanted to keep large rifles, they should keep them in the shooting range, cos they're useless for home defense.

This has been shown to be patently false, btw. We only discussed this like 2 pages ago.

I proposed people who wanted to keep fast cars, they should keep them in the race track, cos they're useless for daily driving...... If you're driving it's about transport and patience isn't it? Why do you need a Ferrari? Noob.

still sound fair?

Last edited:
still sound fair?

That is already the case. Race cars are not legal to use on the road. There are so many, in fact, that entire run groups are designated "race car" groups at track days. 25% or more of the cars entered in a Hooked on Driving 4-group format days are not road legal and are trailered to or stored at the venue, going by a simple group limit of about 28 cars each. At the last track day I coached, there was everything from Radicals to Ferrari Challenge 458s and Spec Miatas.

So yeah, that sounds fair. Not that it would really do anything, though, as I think has been proved a few times already.

Last edited:
There are other countries where there are as many, or more, guns per person than in the US. Yet the gun related crime is much lower. Canada for example.

Not true America is number one in number of guns per person. Canada around a third of the guns of the United States. The logic that you used is illustrative but reversed: Ex. Mexico has 83% less guns but a much higher gun crime rate at nearly 95% compared to the United States (true Mexican gun crime rate is under reported because of corruption and culture)

The US has reduced its violent crime to the lowest its been since 1971... But this is not about gun crime but rather mass murder and rampage killings.

I proposed people who wanted to keep large rifles, they should keep them in the shooting range, cos they're useless for home defense.

Canada recently (2006) removed its restriction on long gun registration and destroyed its registry database.

Someone said "well what about outside hunting?" Well... ban semi automatic rifles and go back to bolt action 5-shooters. If you're hunting it's about skill and patience isn't it? Why do you need a 30 round semi automatic rifle? Noob.

Never been deer hunting?

I think the main issue is not whether people can have guns or not...
True this is about reduction of harm

Follow the advice of Dr Park Dietz - America's leading forensic psychiatrist, having extensively interviewed many of the country's most notorious mass murderers.

With that in mind: television and radio should be prohibited from discussing a shooting event other than to announce that a shooting has occurred and state and region Ex: ?A shooting has occurred in southern Connecticut. In other news?? This is entirely constitutional under Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. Federal Communications Commission. Any further acknowledgment on television and radio will mean a penalty of 10% of profit of parent company.

Mental health should also be looked at but not to the extent that we vilify those who are mentally ill. Mandatory annual cursory mental health checkups for every person over the age of 12 would reduce this chance of an event such as this occurring. This would normalize mental health and remove the stigma of receiving mental health treatment.

In a majority of these events the gunman has worn black clothing which must be reduced. Combinations of darker shades should be reduced and those who wear such be under surveillance.

Last edited:
^ those suggestions are more grounded in reality than that of many of the prior post such as banning long rifles.

Black clothing is a unifying factor of these mass shootings. Black clothing sets out a "rebel" image or an otherness. My suggestion is voluntary reduction based on society and the government saying no more dead children. Many European courts have recognized dignity rights which the US doesn't currently. These dignity rights allow for the outright banning of things like dwarf tossing and paintball. The best that could be done might be making wearing black clothing as bad as smoking or public masturbation.

I have been purposely avoiding the news, I already know enough.

Personally I would love to have all gun disappear and humans love each other and not find better and more efficient ways to instead kill each other, but that is both unrealistic and impossible.

I say put enormous taxes on any gun that can hold more than 6 rounds and also a enormous tax on bullets, with all that taxed money to go to mental health services. At gun shows you can see the guns, touch and handle them but not be able to buy them until you are screened (like getting a rain check). Also, place a full ban on a fully automatic weapons.

Disgusting. My stomach literally churned while I read this. That there could be people of such opinions in this country is disconcerting to say the least.

On a side notes I bet there are plenty of gun shop owners who are thanking Obama. His recent misguided, idiotic, and oppressive comments means that rifles, ammunition, and "high capacity" magazines are almost literally flying off the shelves. There are now more out there then ever before. lolololololol.

Disgusting. My stomach literally churned while I read this. That there could be people of such opinions in this country is disconcerting to say the least.

On a side notes I bet there are plenty of gun shop owners who are thanking Obama. His recent misguided, idiotic, and oppressive comments means that rifles, ammunition, and "high capacity" magazines are almost literally flying off the shelves. There are now more out there then ever before. lolololololol.

You must spread some reputation around etc. wololo

^ those suggestions are more grounded in reality than that of many of the prior post such as banning long rifles.

Black clothing is a unifying factor of these mass shootings. Black clothing sets out a "rebel" image or an otherness. My suggestion is voluntary reduction based on society and the government saying no more dead children. Many European courts have recognized dignity rights which the US doesn't currently. These dignity rights allow for the outright banning of things like dwarf tossing and paintball. The best that could be done might be making wearing black clothing as bad as smoking or public masturbation.
I can't figure out if you are serious or not....

Last edited:

lol-wut-it.gif

still sound fair?

Lol. You're ridiculous, and I knew this already, but that goes to great lengths to show just how much. Yeah, sounds fair. People already leave their gas guzzling fun vehicles parked for most of the year except when they want a joy ride wherever. Your parallel between "fast" cars and guns is just dumb. Yeah cars kill people, but you don't need a Ferrari to achieve the speeds at which it will, all cars do. You can kill someone with a parked car even. The point here is they're not designed with the primary function of inflicting harm. They're just faster than walking. Just because both things have the potential to provide you with fun moments, that doesn't equate them at all.

Never been deer hunting?

You got that right. But I happen to know huntsmen managed to kill deer and other animals armed with bows and arrows. Certainly a bolt action scoped rifle which holds 5 to 10 rounds is a huge advantage over that and you don't need a killing machine which can shoot 800 rounds/min; then you're a dolt.

Not true America is number one in number of guns per person. Canada around a third of the guns of the United States. The logic that you used is illustrative but reversed: Ex. Mexico has 83% less guns but a much higher gun crime rate at nearly 95% compared to the United States (true Mexican gun crime rate is under reported because of corruption and culture)

Yeah, you're right, I didn't quite say what I wanted. Canada has around a third of the guns, and less than a half of the homicide rate. Comparing the US statistics to a developing, deeply troubled country like Mexico just shows how far you have to sink to make your arguments make sense. When you report that the homicide rate is under reported cos of corruption and culture, hey, how do you think this affects the official number of guns reported? I bet it's not 83% less guns.

I don't know if you're just trolling or this much of an asshole but I think both. I'm literally wearing black right now, which makes this funnier. I'll check back on this thread later, got some killing to do.

Last edited:
Lol. You're ridiculous, and I knew this already, but that goes to great lengths to show just how much. Yeah, sounds fair. People already leave their gas guzzling fun vehicles parked for most of the year except when they want a joy ride wherever. Your parallel between "fast" cars and guns is just dumb. Yeah cars kill people, but you don't need a Ferrari to achieve the speeds at which it will, all cars do. You can kill someone with a parked car even. The point here is they're not designed with the primary function of inflicting harm. They're just faster than walking. Just because both things have the potential to provide you with fun moments, that doesn't equate them at all.
But you are still drawing a completely arbitrary line between need vs want. You could argue that no one needs a Mercedes or an Audi to drive to the shops but plenty of people do because they want it. Same with guns whether or not one needs to have a high powered rifle for home defense doesn't really matter assuming they are not using it illegally. Also keep in mind that many countries allow long guns for hunting and such that can be kept at home, the biggest issue with random mass murders and gun violence is easily concealed weapons like handguns as opposed to something clearly visible. You see a dude with an AR and you are going to try and get the hell out of the area while you can't really tell if someone is carrying a Glock under their jacket.

You got that right. But I happen to know huntsmen managed to kill deer and other animals armed with bows and arrows. Certainly a bolt action scoped rifle which holds 5 to 10 rounds is a huge advantage over that and you don't need a killing machine which can shoot 800 rounds/min; then you're a dolt.
I am not aware of any semi-auto that can shoot 800 rounds/min unless you are REALLY good at it. You gotta keep in mind that semi-auto or full-auto guns are only meant to give you an advantage in a firefight with another gunman. A bolt action can be cycled plenty fast enough to not allow anyone to rush you and take your gun. Same goes for the pump action shotguns that are quite popular for hunting.