No 56k: SCCA @ Infineon Raceway and SteveLevin Crash

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
Yeah a bit late, but with Ramadan and all I have been busy.
So last week SteveLevin told me he as going to race over labor day weekend at Infineon Raceway (formerly Sears Point) and being the nice weather it was I thought it would make for a perfect ride and get some racing in. Too bad for Steve has crashed during the first lap of his race (pics to come), but still it was a pretty good day. Anyways here are the pics (and all of them here: http://flickr.com/photos/zuhaib/sets/72157607050348447/ )

A shot from the grandstands of the setup area

Steve during the parade lap, its some of the only shots i got of him since he did not last long

Start of the SRF race

The last shot I got of Steve during the race.... before

and the rest of the car

The story from Steve was the guy in front stopped for something during a blind turn and he ended up rear ending it. And it was not his only accident =(

This is the start of the ITA Race, which has a few Vipers, Mustangs and Vette's. The Mustang you see in the front pretty much ran away with this race.

some shots of the FF/FR getting setup for the race

Viper from the ITA race after it ended

For this race we decided to watch from the grandstands

Someone getting a bit too lost off the track

Here are a few shots from around the track and cars, Here is that killer Vette that raped everyone at the last race and this time

here is a viper with a weird bumper sticker

Ok Ferrari lovers, this is for you

Some sideshow dude

Here are a few shots form the SP/GT's Race

You can see that Vette has already started to lap the other cars :blink:

At the back you can see someone brought a Noble to the race, but he was near dead last =\ But damn did it sound good.

another poor vette could not hold it thru turn 2

Here is the Noble again

This was the 2nd fastest car there, for some reason when I saw it thought its something PunisherBass would like

Someones 350z vs the Wonder bread car (and about to be lapped by the vette) :blink:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about Steve's crash. Also, that Vette is six kinds of badass!

I had another crash in the second race, although it didn't bust up the suspension.

Here's what Zuhaib missed:

[youtube]LuviUx_fm4I[/youtube]

Steve

Wow, I'm surprised more people did crash with everyone bunched up like that. :blink:

This really makes me want to get into some form of racing.

I had another crash in the second race, although it didn't bust up the suspension.

Here's what Zuhaib missed:

[youtube]LuviUx_fm4I[/youtube]

Steve

what are those little things? what kind of an engine do they run? sound pretty awesome.

I know it sounds dumb, but I respect you a lot for racing there, since it's a pretty hard track to race in GT4 :p