Unveiled: Scirocco Cop Car

police cars are blue now.

ZE EU HAZ SPOKEN!

FUK ZE EU!!

I wonder if I could paint a car in the old green police livery? Or would that be illegal?

Never a cop car, but I have been in the back of a crown vic, and I didn't find it terrible. Perhaps the interior is a bit different in the PC.

well most cop cars, well, all P71 cop cars, (p71 in the VIN) are extended length. Taxis are also extended length, most of the time. depends on the company.

the short wheel base models. are horrible. no other way around it.
but, with the cop cars, most have that stab shield, which messes with rear leg room. one of the main reasons they use the extended length is because of that stab shield. great for cops, horrible for "passengers"

I hate this thread and everything it stands for, just because it reminded me that I want a Scirocco... but I can't have one because I'm on the wrong side of the ocean.

I'm curious, though; what's "safe" tuning? Do they often run lean in Germany?

Import.

I wonder if I could paint a car in the old green police livery? Or would that be illegal?

I think it isn't as long as you don't write "Polizei" onto it. Leon has "LEON" instead "Polizei" on his vehicles when driving on public roads and there is a lawyer here who drives a Wanne (police squad car) marked "KANZLEI" (law firm) instead of "Polizei" as a marketing tool.
legiendamm.jpg

The polizei had this to say about their new uniforms.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/16/post-356-1216449840.jpg

The uniforms look a lot better than the old ones, but going from white to silver on cars just when white becomes cool again is a thing only the government can do.
And I liked the Polizei-Gr?n, but the old uniforms were realy horrid, apart from the leather jackets.