Searching for Series 19 - Series 22 in their original 1080i format

AlexGRFan97

As those who have read my previous threads and posting have probably guessed by now, I've been putting together a centralized ultimate collection of Top Gear, from the original version of the show to the end of the trio for my personal consumption. This is what I currently have:
  • Old Top Gear: Footage from 300+ episodes, including 190 complete episodes, many from BBC 2 Wales.
  • Series 1: 576i 50 FPS SBS airings, with 576p MotorTrend recordings as an alternative, and 2 VHS ripped original airings from BBC 2.
  • Series 2: 576p MotorTrend recordings
  • Series 3: 576p MotorTrend recordings, with most of the original lengths and much of the original soundtrack intact + 2 VHS rips from BBC 2.
  • Series 4 - 8: 576p MotorTrend recordings, with missing/cut segments in a separate folder and a re-dub from the Scene releases
  • Series 9: Scene release for S09E01, 576p MotorTrend recordings of every other episode
  • Series 10 - 13: 576p MotorTrend recordings
  • Series 14 - 18: 1080i TS original airings, including the Bond car special
  • Series 19 - 22: 1080i TS/MKV original airings, aside from an uncompressed BR rip of the Burma Special
In addition, the early specials are as follows:
  • Winter Olympics: 576p MotorTrend recording
  • USA Special: 576p MotorTrend recording, re-dubbed
  • Polar Special: 1080p BBC HD airing
  • Botswana Special: 720p BBC Three HD airing
  • Vietnam Special: 1080p BBC America Webrip
Check r/TopGear and r/thegrandtour in the near future for further info.

As an aside, I'm honestly surprised that nobody ever ripped the Amazon Prime/Netflix versions when they were available. Unless someone actually did and it was never publicized. Either way, the MotorTrend versions, even with occasionally janky framerates are far better than what's been available for a long time.

Last edited:
Well, almost 700 of you saw this thread since May last year and not one of you had anything to say. Ah well, I found 19 - 22 in the end. I also have quite a few rarities such as Top 41 in its entirety, Festival Sydney and both parts of A-Z.

That's because we got hit with a DMCA takedown notice a few years ago and can't been seen to be promoting file sharing, torrents or copyright infringement.

That's because we got hit with a DMCA takedown notice a few years ago and can't been seen to be promoting file sharing, torrents or copyright infringement.
I know that, but personal collections are a thing. You don't promote by stating that you have it. Just a private personal matter.