Season 2 coming in October

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
The first season of The Grand Tour left a lot to be desired but the next installment of the series is coming sooner than some might expect.

During an appearance on The One Show yesterday, according to Digital Spy, may reportedly said "October is when you'll first be able to see it but after that, you'll be able to see it whenever you want, of course. I'm told to say that!"

The co-host wouldn't devolve clues about the upcoming season but confirmed it's "quite an expensive show to make." As he explained "There's a lot of travel involved. There's a lot of crew involved. There's a lot of tech involved, filming in 4K."

While some fans weren't fond of particular parts of the show, namely celebrity brain crash and the annoying comments of fake Stig, May promised changes are coming. Saying "It's going to look largely the same", the former Top Gear host confirmed "we've moved it on a bit in a way."

That's not much to go on but Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May were caught earlier this year filming a segment in Zadar, Croatia. That particular episode will apparently feature the Ariel Nomad and the Audi TT RS.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/06/the-grand-tour-season-two-is-coming-in.html

I wonder if Richard's crash will delay this now.

Doubt it, they'll just put him in a wheelchair accessible vehicle or something. If I know their style, they'll spin it to their own benefit. Imagine a cross-country challenge in accessible vehicles bought for less than $2000 or something :lol: Although... some of the vans do have legitimately good clearance. I think it's an idea they need to go with.

Alternatively, they can just change their filming schedule to do any single or two-person segments now while Richard heals.

Glad to hear they got feedback about fake stig. That was my only complaint. The rest was brilliant.

Last edited:
Just saw this posted to DriveTribe via Facebook

Many of you have been asking if Hammond?s broken knee will affect the filming for season two of the Grand Tour.

And the short answer is: yes.

As I write, James May is sitting in the hell hole that is Gatwick Airport waiting for a budget airline to take him to a shoot that Hammond should have been doing.

REWRITES

Meanwhile, I?ve been up since dawn, rewriting all of the scripts and ideas we had to accommodate the fact that Hammond can?t drive for the next few months.

Meanwhile, he is lying in a bed in the Swiss Alps, while pretty nurses attend to give his every need, and give him drugs.

STANDING ON ONE LEG

Apparently, he will be back in the office next week which is a good thing because we are out of toner for the photocopier, the girl who makes coffee is on holiday and the store room needs re-organising. These, I feel, are jobs he can do on one leg.

https://drivetribe.com/p/Rn7rV46vQFqfo1zkncqtlA?iid=AwnnmbUWScqoQhGxIWuE6g

No mention of delay.

Right, so it's going to change what they do, but not delay. Shots of Hammond working in the office would be great.

Lets hope the dumb bits like Celebrity Brain Crash and other such nonsense are gone. I'm sure most of the viewing audience cares more about those three blokes out in their cars and general cocking about and less about them in a studio ... *COUGH* tent setting. Either way, looking forward to it. :D

I didn't really mind Celebrity Brain Crash. It was short, to the point, and was a way to kill off having celebrities as guests. It was the part of TG that I never really enjoyed (but primarily because I didn't know most of the guests). Even still, the "So he's not coming on the show then?" parts were getting old by Episode 2...

Wasnt there a 2 year non compete clause, so that should be up right?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk