Seeing your old car/truck destroyed

gtrietsc

Car(s)
'07 Ford F-150 FX4, '06 BMW M5
That is an impressively shaped roof.

My dad sold a modifed Chevy Tahoe a while back to a local guy... now it has new mirrors, a new grille, and part of the brush guard missing. :hmm:

Ouch, that must have hurt. I know I would hate seeing my truck sold then wrecked.

There was a Home Improvement episode where Tim Taylor tried to buy back the '63 Corvair convertible he had in high school from a scrapyard, but ended up getting there just in time to see it go into the Crusher. That episode really struck a chord with me. :cry:

I know I'd hate to see one of my cars destroyed, no matter how shitty they are. And if they're shitty enough to get destroyed, I want to do the destruction myself. :twisted:

That's one of the reasons that I would never sell a car of mine to anyone I know, apart from the "Hey you know that car you sold me 5 years ago, well it blew a hose......... you sold me a heap of shit"

After all the time I spent fixing and maintaining it, I wouldn't want to know someone was treating it like poo. Best to never see it again.

That would suck. Certain things should just be left unknown.

Not destroyed, but my dad has come across several old Audi's he has sold all of them still in great shape.

It has never happened to me. But my cousin sold a Ford Fairlane he restored, and the guy he sold it to came back asking about where he got parts so he could re-restore it after an accident.

i'd love to see my car destroyed. but thats only because it's a terrible car that should never have even been sold to anyone in the first place.

This is why I can never sell the MX5.

I remember seeing a thread on NB.org entitled something like "this is why you never sell your cars" Nice old beetle, turned into rusted scrap for parts :(

I will never sell my car. If it becomes beyond repair dead it will be turned into furniture. Convertible = best canopy bed ever.

Taking another look at the original pics, are you sure he didn't try to deploy the passenger ejector seat?

11032009091.jpg

Built Ford Tough

I should get the chance to see old vehicles of mine once I get back to the states. The Land Rover is with my parents and the Yamaha is under the care of my uncle. It'll be interesting to see how the bike looks since I got it from him after it sat unused for three years. He said he could hardly recognize it when he saw my finished rebirthing job.

Well I can say what happened to my last cars over the years;

1. Peugeot 205 - got wrecked after I crashed it
2. Opel Corsa 1.2 (Nova - for the brits) - Ditched by me, wrecked
3. Opel Astra F 2.0 - sold to friend, which he sold to an cousin
4. Audi 80 quattro - I gave it my mom
5. Opel Vectra B 1.8- sold to an friend, then stolen (the theft had to be drunk :lol:)
6. Audi A6 (c5) - still my own, but is going to be sold
7. Audi A6 (c6) 3.0 TDi - my new one

You're all nuts. If you sell a car and get another one, why do you care what happens afterward?
Unless it's something super special or rare, or you put a lot of time & effort into it, who gives a shit.

it's a bit like dumping/being dumped by your girlfriend. If you're apart, who cares that she has a new asshole boyfriend that treats her badly?

I hope whoever gets my Jazz after me treats it at least as well as I and it's first owner have. Apart from a few minor scratches and a stone chip near the left front fog light you'd never know it has done nearly 83,000k's in four years. Most of the distance was of course coveredby the previous owner, who had a long commute to and from work (for comparison my mum's car is 11 years old and has done 92,000k's). I intend to hang onto it for some time, too, as it will be ages before I can afford something else, being an unemployed student and all.

It may be a slow FWD four-banger with a pointless factory bodykit, spoiler and 'sports' (read: rock-hard) suspension, but it's my first and I share that often-felt attachment that many young people have to their first vehicle. I saved up for a car since I was like, 12, I'd hate to see it wrecked / riced / badly treated. :(

You're all nuts. If you sell a car and get another one, why do you care what happens afterward?
Unless it's something super special or rare, or you put a lot of time & effort into it, who gives a shit.

it's a bit like dumping/being dumped by your girlfriend. If you're apart, who cares that she has a new asshole boyfriend that treats her badly?

I wouldn't want to see my Bluebird or old 323 being treated badly by an asshole boyfriend.

:|