Series 20 Filming Started

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Looks like filming has started... let the spoilers start rolling in.

Richard Hammond, 4/17:
Morning. Off to the track for 1st day's filming for new series. Right, so, er, how does this work again? Yes, drive, say stuff. I remember.

Update: Found some more goodies on Iain May's Twitter from the past couple of weeks.

Aston Martin Vanquish, at the track:
@drivingwizards Were going to have, a race!
BGWrUXTCcAE2mPS.jpg

New Range Rover, post geotagged at Zurich Airport (picture somewhere in Switzerland?):
@LandRoverUKPR Top gear have finished with the car thanks. Needs fuel.
BGoNMY0CEAEh4uA.jpg

Last edited:
Another Aston and another Range Rover.

How many series is this in a row?

I don't ask for that much but I'd love to see some cars featured that we haven't basically already seen a dozen times. The Land Rover and Aston Martin brands are the most stale brands on the market, even if they are great cars (not denying that). Neither of these cars has changed their look, even with new models being introduced, in over a decade.

I think Top Gear should move away from reviewing "new cars." Because of their long breaks, long vacations, and long shooting schedule, we can get all the reviews from Drive, 5th Gear, The Smoking Tire, Evo...etc. months ahead of any Top Gear review.

They should focus on the more obscure stuff or older cars that need recognition.

I disagree. I always love to see the TG boys' opinions on new cars since they sometimes differ and they are always more entertaining. :)

Another Aston and another Range Rover.

How many series is this in a row?

I don't ask for that much but I'd love to see some cars featured that we haven't basically already seen a dozen times. The Land Rover and Aston Martin brands are the most stale brands on the market, even if they are great cars (not denying that). Neither of these cars has changed their look, even with new models being introduced, in over a decade.

I agree.

They should change the shows name to Top Slush Box if they insist on featuring only Aston Martins and Range Rovers.

Jeremy on Twitter:

Filming in Scotland always reminds me why we film so rarely in Scotland. It never stops bloody raining

You try dealing with 730 bhp when it's pissing down.

Guessing a mini road trip thing where Jeremy drives to/in Scotland in the Ferrari F12 to test it's "GT-ness".

Top%2520Gear.jpg

The Top Gear crew have caused a stir in Perthshire today by motoring into Pitlochry.

Crew from the show, starring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, were first spotted in the area last night, and have been seen filming in the centre of Pitlochry this morning.

The Craigatin House & Courtyard hotel shared local web developer Ali Penman's photo of a Ferrari being filmed on Atholl Road.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/perth-kinross/top-gear-crew-motor-into-pitlochry-1.90284

From Jezza's Twitter:

My Sunday morning view pic.twitter.com/8L3sb6gCEo

BJffagDCIAEMClf.jpg:large

^ Looks like the same road that they filmed the last portion of Skyfall on/around.

I think Top Gear should move away from reviewing "new cars." Because of their long breaks, long vacations, and long shooting schedule, we can get all the reviews from Drive, 5th Gear, The Smoking Tire, Evo...etc. months ahead of any Top Gear review. They should focus on the more obscure stuff or older cars that need recognition.

I don't really agree.. I like seeing the reviews of new cars, but they have to be something interesting. Either new supercars (F12, LaFerrari, etc.) or new "important" cars. Like the new 3/4er, the MK7 Golf, etc. These are all relevant enough to people that we should have a TG review of them, or at least a challenge done in them (like they did with the Euro-hatchback tour in S17E2).

^ Looks like the same road that they filmed the last portion of Skyfall on/around.

I don't really agree.. I like seeing the reviews of new cars, but they have to be something interesting. Either new supercars (F12, LaFerrari, etc.) or new "important" cars. Like the new 3/4er, the MK7 Golf, etc. These are all relevant enough to people that we should have a TG review of them, or at least a challenge done in them (like they did with the Euro-hatchback tour in S17E2).

Yeah, enough with the Astons Top Gear, we need more Golfs in the show! :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to you but most of Scotland looks like that, as does a large proportion of Northern England. Could be pretty much anywhere - the Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales......

Don't forget Wales, as per Jag XK film.

Yeah, enough with the Astons Top Gear, we need more Golfs in the show! :rolleyes:

You're saying you'd rather see them review a car that you'd never buy?

I personally enjoy seeing them review regular cars, as long as it's done in an interesting way... one of the best segments they've done recently was May's review of the Panda and Corsa VXR.

Hate to break it to you but most of Scotland looks like that, as does a large proportion of Northern England. Could be pretty much anywhere - the Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales......

Gotcha. Man, the US is boring. :(

I dunno, I just got back from a weekend break in the south of France and the corniches around Monaco with their hairpins and gradients make even a small diesel hatchback a laugh!

I personally enjoy seeing them review regular cars, as long as it's done in an interesting way... one of the best segments they've done recently was May's review of the Panda and Corsa VXR.

Yes, I find it much enjoyable to watch when they test cars like the Vanquish. For consumer advice and tests of regular cars I can buy What Car? :D

znk7ib.png
Looks like the Vanquish is not for Top Gear UK, its for Top Gear Korea (which happened to film their Aston film in Dunsfold). And the race they've mentioned. Its between an SLS and the Aston

A scattering of tweets over the last few days (mostly from Iain May) have shown Richard filming with a new Range Rover (9th May) and with an old Land Rover at Eastnor Castle offroading centre (14th May). James has been reported with a old Motorcycle (15th May) and then with an original Ford Transit van and an unidentified convertible (both 16th May). It is possible that James' pieces may be for his Solo TG Documentary (http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear-spoilers/james-solo-tg-documentary-55924/) and not TG proper.

Last edited:

Especially Burlington! I use to live in GBO and Raleigh.

Especially Burlington! I use to live in GBO and Raleigh.

You guys need to get out more often! :blink: Or maybe the East coast is more boring than I remember...

I've spent most of my life in the western US and have always loved the cruising roads. Colorado roads and views are among the best I've seen the world; Pacific Coast Highway (all 1000 miles of it) is unparalleled anywhere else; Sedona, AZ is remarkable; Redwood Forests in Northern Cali/Oregon/Washington; 4-corners area of Durango along with Mesa Verde National Park--can't beat it! :cool:

and for what it's worth, I've visited Australia, England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc... I'd take the roads here any day. I guess it helps when your country is enormous too.

Last edited: