Series 22 Spoilers

The Patagonia special airs on BBC Canada on January 31st (my guess is, just part 1). The person who I heard from wouldn't say (or didn't know) when the rest of Series 22 is going to air.

So they nicked the Q&A idea from the likes of Roadkill but are doing it live and with an audience?

Could be interesting. I wonder how much not-swearing practise they've been doing....

Top Gear

Ep 10

Sunday 25 January

Time to be confirmed

BBC TWO

The world?s biggest car programme returns for an explosive and extra-long run of brand-new programmes.

In this first episode of the series, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are in Russia for an incredible race across the vast and very beautiful urban landscape of St Petersburg. May defends the honour of the car in a very small Renault, Hammond tries to prove that pedalling is faster by saddling up a bicycle, while Clarkson attempts to demonstrate that water is the quickest way across town, especially if you?re in a hovercraft. To make matters more complicated, all three presenters are racing not only each other but also The Stig, who is silently making his way towards the finish line on public transport.

Also in this episode, Richard Hammond is at the test track to find out if the dramatic new Lamborghini Huracan is as flamboyant and fun as an Italian supercar should be.

Plus, another top celebrity guest tests their steely-eyed driving skills as the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/04/top-gear

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one with a bad feeling about this Evening With Top Gear. Coupled with expiring contracts, I'm quite scared that this is their way of letting us know it's over.

Anyone notice anything interesting in that Lego promo the BBC put up today?

Check out the cars in the "intro" and in the studio...

vlcsnap-2015-01-15-00h46m08s160.png

vlcsnap-2015-01-15-00h46m32s22.png

vlcsnap-2015-01-15-00h46m48s47.png

Yellow P1, Red LaFerrari, White 918... proof enough for me! If they don't do Battle Of The Hypers this series, I'll eat Jezza's hair.

Yellow P1, Red LaFerrari, White 918... proof enough for me! If they don't do Battle Of The Hypers this series, I'll eat Jezza's hair.

Hope you won't take inspiration from Jeremy and say you meant 'a hair'. :-D

Sounds like they haven't actually got a guest booked. Also that hovercraft looks bloody big. I was expecting a single seater thing like they have played with before.

I read that Ed Sheeran is the guest. And it was probably just me, but I had to enlarge that photo of Hammond on the bike to be sure it was him. I thought it was May. The resemblance in that photo is scary.

Sounds like they haven't actually got a guest booked. Also that hovercraft looks bloody big. I was expecting a single seater thing like they have played with before.

That hovercraft is going to have a very hard time in most St. Petersburg canals. I hope it gets a fair chance in the race because, well, hovercraft.

As much as I'd love to see the P1/918/LaFerrari shoot out TGMagazine did a comparison this month and it was noted that lap times were a strict no-no by the manufacturers. So they may be up against the same problem as they had with the Veyron. In which case the shootout will have to wait until they can borrow cars from private owners.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one with a bad feeling about this Evening With Top Gear. Coupled with expiring contracts, I'm quite scared that this is their way of letting us know it's over.

With BBC just posting this story today, ahead of the Evening with Top Gear tomorrow, can't help but feel this might be the case

Top Gear's executive producer says the BBC "does not trust" the show after 2014 proved to be its "annus horribilis".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30852411

Edit: Having listened to the whole interview in the link, they have still yet to sign a new deal but both parties are willing. So maybe we've got a few years left still. All sounded positive.

Last edited:
Edit: Having listened to the whole interview in the link, they have still yet to sign a new deal but both parties are willing. So maybe we've got a few years left still. All sounded positive.

Yup .. same here
He sounded positive .. uncertain but positive

I don't really see why you'd be alarmed by the Evening with Top Gear thing. People have been foreseeing the end of Top Gear for years and years now. The Q&A thing is just as easily something new they'd like to try out, taking advantage of new possibilities in streaming, getting a bit closer to their audience.

Better to just chill out, enjoy the series and see what happens.

As much as I'd love to see the P1/918/LaFerrari shoot out TGMagazine did a comparison this month and it was noted that lap times were a strict no-no by the manufacturers. So they may be up against the same problem as they had with the Veyron. In which case the shootout will have to wait until they can borrow cars from private owners.
I'm not that interested in lap times. To me, the actual road trip (like the one from S20 where they took the 458, 12C and R8 convertibles through Spain) is much more important as it will highlight how the cars are in every day use, how they're to drive, how they cope with the roads and traffic and what the experience of owning such a car is. Because honestly, I would not want to drive around in an oven while being stuck in traffic just because said oven has 900 horse power and does xx lap time on some race track I'm not very likely to visit. And as far as the power lap goes, Porsche will be the most cooperative while McLaren and Ferrari will be very reluctant. And after seeing how Ferrari is bitching about, I would really doubt any performance tests done on the track. That's not a surprise I suppose.

Looks like we may be finally getting a US vs. UK episode. Did anybody catch the short clip towards the end of Evening with TG? James is driving a rally car, and says something along the lines of "Tanner is right behind me". Jeremy then radios back "Do not let American Top Gear lap British Top Gear".

So it looks like we're finally going to see a Top Gear vs. Top Gear USA episode?

In the "Evening with Top Gear" video, starting at 46:09 (http://youtu.be/F8T1rMsJtQU?t=46m9s) during the "What Top Gear has been doing closer to home" bit, James May is driving a rally car on a dirt track and says what sounds a lot like "Tanner's right behind me, I've got to hold him off." It then cuts to Clarkson saying into his radio "Do not let American Top Gear lap British Top Gear."

Sounds like maybe they hosted the American Top Gear guys over there for some challenges, or perhaps a whole episode?

EDIT: Just realized nickgeorge25 posted the exact thing above. My mistake.

Last edited: