Series 22?

JB13

Car(s)
Triumph S3
On Belgium television they have just shown the Porsche 918 review. At the end of that review, Clarkson and May said they will try to televise a race/test between the 918 and McLaren P1 by the end of this year and I quote "somewhere between June, July".

So how far are they in that process? It has been awfully quiet and I'm afraid it will be more next year than this summer? Have I missed an announcement saying that the next series will be for next year? I thought they were going to show 6 episodes this summer.

They've been filming some bits for series 22, and one source is saying that it's airing 'early next year'. No word on the 918/McLaren battle.

Surely there will be a series 22 starting sometime between june and july if not August.

Yeah, I understand skipping a series a couple of years ago because the Olympics were in London, but they never skipped it for the World Cup so hopefully that trend continues (although they did start series 8 during the 2006 World Cup but took a break and continued right after and they didn't skip anything in 2010).

They've only just started filming bits for series 22, and they were off doing Top Gear Live in Barbados, last week, so I don't think June is a possibility. So far the "early next year" is the only date that's been thrown out by anyone...no idea how accurate it is.

The Commonwealth Games is on from 23 July to 4 August (plus the build up before hand) - so I doubt Top Gear will start around that time as the BBC is the host broadcaster and is likely to have blanket coverage.

BBC Sport will bring audiences all the action live from the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games across TV, radio, online and mobile from 23 July.
Including more than 300 hours of network TV coverage, 200 hours of radio coverage and over 1,300 hours of live action via up to 17 digital streams, this will be the most comprehensive BBC coverage of a Commonwealth Games and Para-sports programme to date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonwealth-games/27485146

JC said on Twitter that it'll be a half-hour special. I wouldn't be surprised if they just air that on a random Sunday before the actual season/series starts just like they did with the Bond special.

JC said on Twitter that it'll be a half-hour special. I wouldn't be surprised if they just air that on a random Sunday before the actual season/series starts just like they did with the Bond special.

Or they could break it up like they do for their longer road trips... Part 1 - News - Part 2 - SIARPC - Part 3.

No starting is given, but it wouldn't be Clarkson without some controversy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2633769/Jeremy-Clarkson-puffs-cigarette-enjoys-downtime-Barbados-filming-Top-Gear.html

article-0-1E08C21F00000578-160_634x764.jpg

article-2633769-1E07937D00000578-514_634x408.jpg

So, aside from a few new pics, this is what the Daily Mail deems newsworthy? There was nothing in that story that hasn't already been reported.

"Clarkson hasn't done/said anything new lately...rewrite the last few news stories we printed about him. Oh, wait, put them into ONE article! They'll never notice..."

So Jeremy was on the beach smoking a cigarette? GASP! Call the police! Does Barbados have a law that smoking's not allowed on a public beach? Otherwise, so what? :? I'd love to know what this "newspaper" has against Top Gear in general and Jeremy in particular. It's like they have a daily quota of insulting the show and him.

Why has somebody chosen to turn this thread into another persecution of Clarkson? Maybe it was meant as a joke but seriously, why give this more attention? It's a bunch of crap and everyone knows it. I sure wish we would get back to focusing on the show and not on all of the hype surrounding absurd accusations. I guess what puzzles me is why people on this particular site would propagate these "attention grabbing" comments that lack any real substance. Perhaps I incorrectly assume that if you frequent this site, you enjoy the show; and most likely because of the hosts. Otherwise, it seems as though there are trolls with nothing better to do than to take cheap shots at an easy target. Yes, he is "controversial", but so what? If you're so offended by who the man is, why bother to follow coverage about him at all? Okay, I'm done ranting.

He did again in series 8, but it's probably stronger than him.

I guess what puzzles me is why people on this particular site would propagate these "attention grabbing" comments that lack any real substance. Perhaps I incorrectly assume that if you frequent this site, you enjoy the show; and most likely because of the hosts. Otherwise, it seems as though there are trolls with nothing better to do than to take cheap shots at an easy target.

Seriously? Have you ever watched Top Gear? The hosts themselves make attention-grabbing comments, absurd accusations, and take cheap shots at anyone and everything, including each other.

So Clarkson has a gut, yellow teeth, saggy features and balding head. He's stated several times he's taking old age as it comes (to applause during the Simon Cowell's SIARPC). He makes fun of others in the same predicament, and laughs when it's thrown back at him. He has developed tough skin as a result of his personality.

You're mistaken if you think this fan site is full of sycophants. The people here just love Top Gear, three lads pursuing fun, and/or the joys of motorphilia. But it seems some Clarkson/Top Gear fans are more fragile than the hosts.

Last edited:
I've made it - Clarkson could accurately be described as a part-fat, yellow-toothed, bald old guy. He's human. Accept it. Everyone else has.

Someone posting pics or a link to a controversial article doesn't turn this thread into a "persecution of Clarkson" - you're just being overly sensitive, or just trolling.

Well thanks for summing me up in such succinct terms...overly sensitive or trolling. You, my friend must have impeccable perception to sum somebody based on two posts. Personally, I have no idea of who you are. I know that you can certainly describe Clarkson. You seem to enjoy telling everyone all about his weight, yellow teeth and baldness. What that has to do with his personality and character escapes me, but you've surely captured his essence with your comments. As for my "rant", and that is exactly what it was as I said; I was tired of the "off-topic" discussion. I don't care whether you love the guy or hate him; frankly I don't even know where you stand when it comes to his character based on your comments. All I know is that the title of this thread is "Series 22". There is an entire thread dedicated to his comments that has plenty of feedback on that topic. I was simply tired of hearing about it and hoped that this thread was more focused on the actual topic suggested by the title. In any case, thanks for letting me know all about who I am and what I'm being.

I was tired of the "off-topic" discussion.

Hilarious. You called
MiloRambaldi, a forum member of good standing and valuable contributor, a troll for posting a link to a Series 22 related Daily Mail article[SUP]*[/SUP] and some new Series 22 related pics, and now you're feeling persecuted?

[SUP]* [/SUP]Selected quotes from the article:
He?s been flat out filming the latest series of Top Gear in recent weeks.
he enjoyed some downtime on the Barbados beach with his Top Gear pals as filming for the BBC show wrapped on Sunday.
The Stig was hilariously seen emerging from snorkelling swathed in cumbersome racing gear.

Addendum: If you want actual info on Series 22, rather than banter about the possible air date, check out this thread in Spoilers.

Last edited: