Series 4 start date

jaydlewis

According to Steve Pizzati's twitter:

"Don't forget the 'other' Top Gear starts tonight on Ch.9 at 8:30pm. (8:37pm actually) #TopGear"

By 'other' Top Gear, he was cheekily referring to TGUK - which started the Series 17 run on Channel Nein last night :p.

In a follow up tweet, he claims Series 4 of TGAU has been completed and should go to air "pretty soon".

Why is anyone waiting around for this awful show? I have yet to see anyone of these knock off shows even come close to the original. I shouldnt compare it to TGUK, even if i dont all of them have just sucked.(TGUS, TGAU even the russian version was bad)

just my .02

I wouldn't mind to see another season as it is from the homeland but everyone seems to be waiting and nobody from ch.9 is telling us if it is in fact coming back or not.

It is coming back. It has already been filmed.

Have you seen any ads yet?

According to the guide, tomorrow they're showing TGUK 17x04, which means there's only two more episodes/weeks after that.
Surely they'd promote TGAU if it were immediately following the TGUK run... I mean... how hard can it be?

^ They wouldn't dare promote TGAu while they are airing Top Gear ...... that could scare off viewers.

Of the non-studio footage I've seen, there's certainly enough to make an awesome (yes, awesome!) 30 second teaser trailer that would entice even the most disappointed/grumpy/ragefilled.

However, just like blockbuster movies, as those 30 seconds grossly exaggerate the quality of the rest of the show, those that actually tune in will become slightly more disappointed/grumpy/enraged.

To quote Dolly Parton "Pee or get off the pot."

Channel 9 plainly have no idea how to produce a decent version of Top Gear, otherwise we'd see it by now. Case in point on how to do it properly; Top Gear US. Brilliant stuff.

I doubt we'll ever see Top Gear Australia again.

To quote Dolly Parton "Pee or get off the pot."

Channel 9 plainly have no idea how to produce a decent version of Top Gear, otherwise we'd see it by now. Case in point on how to do it properly; Top Gear US. Brilliant stuff.

I doubt we'll ever see Top Gear Australia again.

Are you serious? TGUS pales in comparison with TG Australia... TGUS has no clue how to make an entertaining or informative show

For real this time?

For real this time?

Yes for real this time unbelievably. I saw a commercial advertising it while i was watching the re-run of Hamish and Andy's gap year tonight. They were saying Wendell Sailor, Hamish and Andy and a few other stars for SIARPC this season we will see how it fairs.

BTW no date was given just said Top Gear Australia coming soon.

It was advertised during the series premiere of Underbelly: Razor as well.

Probably I wasn't paying much attention in the ads went out and had it muted as there was sooo many ads once every 10 mins or so. Good new series of Underbelly though :)

Sent in via e-mail:

Channel Nine

Tue Aug 30, 2011

2030 - Series Return

Top Gear is back - bigger, brighter and faster than ever. Shane, Steve and Ewen add some spice to rally driving by introducing a dangerous twist: blindfolding the driver. Ewen declares his long-held dirty secret: he loves Volvos. Plus, Ewen and Shane head out to review the new Toyota iconic FJ Cruiser, and two six-time world champion surfer Layne Beachley in an attempt to break a world record.

Without a source though I'm not going to post it on the front page. Channel Nine will post their August 30th schedule in about 2 days though so we should know then.