Shitbox Rally 2011

Ravenlord

Car(s)
Austin-Healey, Ducati, Land Rover, Range Rover
Anyone here participating in (or even heard of) the Shitbox Rally that's currently taking place?

Top Gear Australia magazine have fielded a car, though they've only raised a shitty $130 - make that "really shitty", in comparison to other teams - the Rally has raised $639,668.58 so far for Cancer Council NSW.

The rally's name makes me laugh when I think of our northern-hemisphere friends' shock at the colourful language expressed in the Ashes episode.

Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

Day Six

Day Seven - Finale

Last edited:
A few friends and myself are super keen to do this - we did have the opportunity to do it this year, however due to commitments with the Cannonball Rally, we couldn't do both.

Having lost a few family members to cancer, something like this really hits home and I know I'd feel is the right thing for me to do in memory of them, given my own personal attachment to all things automotive.

The only setback is that we are on the correct side of the country, where-as the rally is primarily held on the wrong side of the country (we're on the west), so it makes things a little harder for us in terms of acquiring a car suitable and doing what we want to do to it to get it ready.

Hope to meet a few faces from here on this!