Should be a quick easy answer

LostSoul

Are there any alternatives to the srt-4? I like how much potential and stock power it has, but to be honest.... it's a neon and it looks like garbage inside and out. Does anybody know of any cars that have about the same potential and stock power but look nicer inside and out for around the same price(I know it'll be a little more expensive but you know what i mean).

Cobalt ? :dunno:

Cobalt SS isn't that much better and costs more.

What does an SRT-4 cost, and how many HP does it have?

Caliber SRT-4? :mrgreen:

You know, I'd drive one for the hell of it.

Yeah, I know what you meant and offered the Caliber as an alternative. The cabin is probably worse, of course.

Stop worrying about power and get something European.

E36 M3
Audi S/RS sth
focus ST/RS
an alfa with a V6

and a few more, but since you're in the US, you don't have access to those :p :D

i would never even consider an SRT-4

Last edited:
Civic. Buy an old one for pennies, swap the motor, get coilovers and decent tires. It will be quicker than the SRT-4 in a straight line and will rape almost anything around corners (providing, of course, that you are a good enough driver). All for less than the price of a used skittle.

Would one of the supercharged Grand Prix work? Don't know if they fit your criterion specifically, but they're put together pretty well and with a bit of modification they're nothing to scoff at. Even at my high elevation it's a hoot to drive, no torque steer, roomy and gets good mileage. Granted you may have trouble finding one without a million miles, but mine has 115k+ and runs just as good as new, the only problems with the interior are typical for any car of the same mileage.

The new Cobalt SS Turbocharged is the closest option I can think of, I've heard that with some simple mods you can push BIG power.

Other options include Mazdaspeed 3 (they are FASSTTT stock) and older civics (which will require a lot more work)

SVT Contour.