Show us your Lego!

Where did you get the set?

I bought the excavator (set 42006) completely on impulse yesterday. It was a pretty damn tricky build in a few spots but I managed to get it all together with only minor deconstruction at the end to get the complex gearing system working. It's fun seeing what I can pick up with it.

Someone did that already I'm sure of it.

I got my son the 60002 Fire Truck set for his birthday and we assembled it yesterday (well, he practically built it himself, I just helped with a few tricky bits but I was surprised how well he handled it). I then decided to dig up my box of old instruction manuals and we tried finding the parts for my old fire truck from the 6366 set. I did have to replace a few parts with wrong coloured ones and the 60002 gave its spare hose to fix the one in the old truck, but we managed to complete it. I was laughing when the truck was finished, it just looked so tiny (and charmingly simple) next to the brand spanking new one :)

http://instagram.com/p/s5WVAWljy9/

I must admit I was a bit surprised how many of the parts were still around, after all this set is almost as old as me. I've no idea how many parts have gone missing over the years from the dozens of sets I've had...that actually makes me rather sad. Then again, I've had hours and hours of fun playing with my Legos :) And these days I can pass the fun over to my kids.

Picked up 42030, build starts now.

Also, the news is a few days old but UCS Slave I is now officially confirmed, for some reason Lego seems to be stalling this one, 'official photo's' have just now appeared despite teaser pics floating around since the beginning of the year, still no release date even though it should still be this year :dunno: Whatever the reason for an unconventional launch, I want this set, but I have a feeling they had issues with, you could say I've got a bad feeling about this. :drums:

http://brickset.com/article/12209/75060-ucs-slave-i-pictures-revealed

Good, that leaves the class 55 Deltic for me.

Would be cool if this would actually be made. :)

Initial D

Do they still sell the special Technics pieces sets? I remember one used to be able to get "gear" sets, "wheel" sets, "axle" sets, and etc. I can't seem to find sets like that on Lego's website unless I look in the "education" department and I imagine I have to have some special paper work to buy those sets...

Do they still sell the special Technics pieces sets? I remember one used to be able to get "gear" sets, "wheel" sets, "axle" sets, and etc. I can't seem to find sets like that on Lego's website unless I look in the "education" department and I imagine I have to have some special paper work to buy those sets...

Negative, to my knowledge all technic add on sets have gone the way of the dodobird.

You can however buy plenty of loose technic elements on pick a brick: http://shop.lego.com/en-BE/Pick-A-Brick-11998?fromListing=listing

I got my son the 60002 Fire Truck set for his birthday and we assembled it yesterday (well, he practically built it himself, I just helped with a few tricky bits but I was surprised how well he handled it). I then decided to dig up my box of old instruction manuals and we tried finding the parts for my old fire truck from the 6366 set. I did have to replace a few parts with wrong coloured ones and the 60002 gave its spare hose to fix the one in the old truck, but we managed to complete it. I was laughing when the truck was finished, it just looked so tiny (and charmingly simple) next to the brand spanking new one :)

http://instagram.com/p/s5WVAWljy9/

I must admit I was a bit surprised how many of the parts were still around, after all this set is almost as old as me. I've no idea how many parts have gone missing over the years from the dozens of sets I've had...that actually makes me rather sad. Then again, I've had hours and hours of fun playing with my Legos :) And these days I can pass the fun over to my kids.

that's pretty cool. I have a couple photos of classic fire sets as well..
DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

and a couple comparisons of old & new sets..
DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

Wow I'm surprised to see so much of a size difference in vehicles. I wish I still had some of my early 90s catalogs to look at. Some one must have an archive some where.