SILLY SEASON 2009/2010

I predict Vettel to replace Alonso at Ferrari in 2013...

There is a rumour on the BBC site that it could be Kubica and Glock for Renault in 2010 in their new article about Alonso and Ferrari (which has got some pretty good stuff in it).

...BBC Sport understands BMW Sauber's Polish driver Robert Kubica has already signed to replace Alonso at Renault, although the French team said on Thursday they would not announce their new driver until next week.

A Renault source said his team-mate could be German Timo Glock, who drives for Toyota this year.

Full article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8284248.stm

First I've heard of it, though I guess its not out of the question that Grosjean gets replaced, he hasn't really impressed and there are a lot of good drivers on the market.

Also Raikkonen is saying that he hasn't decided if he's staying in F1, and WRC is still a possibility - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79082

Last edited:
sniffpetrol #F1 NEWS: Alonso says "I am honoured to join Ferrari and I look forward to betraying them at some point in the future".

:lol:

Hahaha that was very clever Anguruso!

I would very much like Grosjean to be replaced along with Buemi and Algesuari. Maybe I sound like an old fart but I am not a fan of F1 being a training ground. I guess this is why we need testing back so these new drivers have a place to learn while the BEST drivers race.

After flicking through that Alonso article if Ferrari get him a decent car and get their organisation together, there is no reason Alonso couldn't win 5 or 6 world titles. He's only 28 for christ sake!

Kimi might as well as take that year's salary and join WRC instead.

mclaren will not be the same old mclaren, Kimi should know better.

There was an article in a Norwegian newspaper today about Solberg happily inviting Kimi to his WRC team for next year. :)

Personally I think there will be too much of a personality clash if Kimi joins McLaren again.

There was an article in a Norwegian newspaper today about Solberg happily inviting Kimi to his WRC team for next year. :)

Personally I think there will be too much of a personality clash if Kimi joins McLaren again.

Petter is a racing God, I would love to see him paired up with Kimi in WRC.

Sadly it won't happen though.

I would love to see Kimi to WRC because it would motivate me to watch it more, and it would mean Rosberg to McLaren :D

Button to McLaren. You heard it here first.
(This may or may not be totally made up).

Anywho, I hope Kimi does stay in F1. I fear he would be a relative failure in WRC and I still don't think he has achieved all he should have in F1.

You think he's not made for WRC? I think he'll stay. The glamour is better in F1

McLaren F1 considering acquisition of BMW F1 engine ops

McLaren's Formula One cars have been powered by Mercedes-Benz engines since 1995, but that could soon come to an end. The relationship between Daimler and McLaren has become increasingly strained over the past two years, following the Spygate scandal and the automaker's decision to have AMG build the SLS.

With BMW withdrawing from Formula One at the close of this season, the hot rumor in the paddock at the Japanese Grand Prix this weekend is that McLaren chairman Ron Dennis is considering scooping up rival BMW F1's engine-building operations. Mercedes supplies engines to the this year's likely champions, the Brawn team, and a split with McLaren would allow MB to concentrate its efforts there.

McLaren's Middle Eastern investors reportedly support the move, which would allow the team to join Ferrari, Renault (if the French team remains in F1) and Toyota in building its own chassis and engine. Apparently, BMW's deal to sell the Sauber F1 team doesn't include the engine operation in Munich, leaving McLaren free to make its move.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/03/report-mclaren-f1-considering-acquisition-of-bmw-f1-engine-ops/

Wow. McLaren is pretty darn aggressive. I guess this is for it's new supercar?

McLaren's Middle Eastern investors reportedly support the move, which would allow the team to join Ferrari, Renault (if the French team remains in F1) and Toyota in building its own chassis and engine. Apparently, BMW's deal to sell the Sauber F1 team doesn't include the engine operation in Munich, leaving McLaren free to make its move.

It's for the F1 car! I don't know how true it is though..

Don't Mercedes already do engines?

I'm not surprised by this. In fact, I called it a couple of weeks ago in a post on these boards (forget which thread). McLaren will be building their own engines by 2011, and all the evidence we seen thus far is correlating this.