SILLY SEASON 2009/2010

The commentator said Mclaren and Mercedes are going to completely separate and Mclaren want the engine plant so they can be completely self sustainable. Mercedes on the other hand want Brawn GP to be theirs and it would seems it's rapidly going in this direction.

The commentator said Mclaren and Mercedes are going to completely separate and Mclaren want the engine plant so they can be completely self sustainable. Mercedes on the other hand want Brawn GP to be theirs and it would seems it's rapidly going in this direction.

I hope they stay Brawn-Mercedes and not become 100% Mercedes. I like the neon green. :(

I was watching the American broadcast of the Japan race and heard something about this.

Piquet looks to revive career in NASCAR

Nelson Piquet Jr looks set to turn to the world of American NASCAR racing to revive his disgraced motor racing career.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The 23-year-old Brazilian, fired by Renault for underperformance earlier this season and then embroiled in the crash-gate race-fixing scandal, has travelled to the US this weekend, according to Brazil's Globo television.

Piquet is headed to Mooresville, North Carolina, where he will reportedly have a seat fitting for the Red Horse team's Toyota Tundra racer. The outfit competes in NASCAR's Camping World Truck Series.

It is said that Piquet will test for the team on October 12, and hopes to progress to NASCAR's premier Sprint Cup series by 2012.

The plans may have followed the realisation that he will not immediately re-launch his Formula One career in the wake of his lacklustre showing for Renault, and his admission to crashing deliberately in Singapore last year.

"I think on his performance, to be honest, disregarding the (Singapore) issue, I probably would not give him a drive and I would probably be further influenced in that decision by what took place," said Toyota's John Howett at Suzuka.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]

Sauce
[/FONT]

:rofl: Oh dear...crashing on purpose in NASCAR will be painful...

Well, his talent can probably handle a big box with an engine going left.

Probably.

Unless he forgets he is in a NASCAR and thinks he is in a F1 in Singapore..

Flavio would advise: Is like F1, but more American, no? Like to go left, yes. Fuck..

I use sarcasm in the whole post ;)

*sigh* I doubt he'll do any good in that as well

So, what does everyone make of the Raikkonen to Red Bull rumours that are picking up steam on a few other forums? I metioned something on this thread back in August, but I'm fairly certain that what people were discussing back then was just a load of crap. Now though, these new rumours, I'm not so sure.

It don't think it seems likely on paper as the rumours only come from a few vague quotes, and they have already signed Webber and Raikkonen is thought to be more likely going to McLaren, but then again, it is Red Bull, very little they do with contracts would surprise me...

If it does turn out to be true, I just hope they let Webber look for another ride instead of demoting him to Toro Rosso, that would be a real kick in the face.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about those rumours...interesting. Hopefully they wouldn't kick Webber to Toro Rosso, although I can't really see them doing that.

Why would they do that? It's much wiser putting an experienced driver in the better car to help with the championship bids. And use Toro Rosso as the rookie training camp. Raikkonen is most likely going to McLaren. All other 'theories' aren't as solid as this.

I haven't heard anything about those rumours...interesting. Hopefully they wouldn't kick Webber to Toro Rosso, although I can't really see them doing that.

Its been gaining momentum on the Autosport forums, originally from a quote by Raikkonen's manager in the Finnish media saying that they were talking to teams even who were not expected to be searching for drivers - Ferrari and RBR are the only ones with confirmed line ups, and obviously its not Ferrari.

Then some guy showed up on the forum this morning claiming he had sources that said Raikkonen would sign for Red Bull next week - though it could just be a load of shit as he's a new member, many people are questioning that, but the Red Bull rumour had already been around for a few days.

Plus with the Kubica to Renault announcement delayed for unknown reasons, some are speculating its because a McLaren seat has opened up, which would fit the theory.

STR was what most people seem to be suggesting would happen to Webber, but I'm also not convinced - I'm not sure his contract would even allow them to do that, and considering his manager was still Briatore when it was signed, I would lean more to the view that they couldn't. And even if they could, its unlikely he would want to go there and its their 'Junior Squad' anyway, so little point in taking him I think. Plus if they really are ditching his contract they might want to save some face by allowing him to find a better seat.

Still, it could be a load of rubbish and Raikkonen's manager is perhaps simply trying to drive up his price, but who knows.

Arn't Webber and Vettel both signed up for next season though?

As she said, contracts mean very little if the price is right.

Red Bull would be mad to consider this. The Vettel/Webber line-up is one of the strongest in F1 and they make great foils for each other. For sure, Raikkonen would be great for marketing, but I doubt he'd do a significantly better job than either Webber or Vettel.

Yeah, they've both got contracts but then so did Raikkonen.

Though to be honest I suspect that Raikkonen at McLaren is more likely, just passing on the gossip! You never know...

No surprises with Kubica to Renault though, but the second driver will be interesting. Grosjean was apparently largely championed by Briatore, and with him gone, theres a chance he could be replaced as he hasn't exactly impressed. On the other hand, he is, well, French (or claims to be anyway).

Last edited:
yeap. RBR rumours are just... Rumours. I don't even think Kimi even wants to go there. He likes the big teams with some name and class. Not some energy drink, if you know what I mean. He likes glamour.