SILLY SEASON 2009/2010

I didnt catch any references to FG? Silly Season is the traditional name for the pre season driver market.

Man I hope Schumacher goes to Mercedes. Not because I love Schumacher or anything, just to spite Rosberg. That pussy avoided Mclaren because he didn't want to be Hamilton's bitch. If Schumacher returns, he's going to be the bitch of the grid.

Man I hope Schumacher goes to Mercedes. Not because I love Schumacher or anything, just to spite Rosberg. That pussy avoided Mclaren because he didn't want to be Hamilton's bitch. If Schumacher returns, he's going to be the bitch of the grid.

[sarcasm] Yeah he saw an opportunity where he could be the number one driver and decided that was a good direction at this point in his career, what a wanker! I mean I'm sure he knows that he would have been given the exact same treatment as Lewis at Mclaren, thats always been the case in the past. [/sarcasm]

I highly doubt he's going to come back to F1. It wouldn't do him any good.

I wish they just announced the second Mercedes driver, I'm getting tired of the rumours.

However, it all makes sense if they're waiting for the Renault / Kubica decision.

Apparently Norbert Haug rates (and wants) Heidfeld over Kubica.

It would be interesting to see how Nico and Nick would fare in a Brawcedes if the car is at least half as good as the BGP001 was. If Nick is as fast or faster than Nico, would that, by default make Robert faster than Nico, or would you think Nick was shafted at BMW?

Having said that, I bet they would snap up Robert if they could. Regardless of nationality, he did beet poor 'ol jungleboy fair and square.

It would be interesting to see how Nico and Nick would fare in a Brawcedes if the car is at least half as good as the BGP001 was. If Nick is as fast or faster than Nico, would that, by default make Robert faster than Nico, or would you think Nick was shafted at BMW?

Having said that, I bet they would snap up Robert if they could. Regardless of nationality, he did beet poor 'ol jungleboy fair and square.
And that, along with a mouth that openly criticises anything that he does not seem fit within the team i nfront of the world press.

Not good for PR, the kubby.

Two fresh pieces on Schumi.

1. German tabloid Express did an interview with Rolf Schumacher, he basically says that Michael is training every day like insane, harder than ever. Also bought new neck muscles machine, gave old one to Hulkenberg (misspelled).

2. In a recent Times interview Berney refused to exclude any kind of Schumacher scenario, calls it more than a rumor.

Last edited:
Two fresh pieces on Schumi.

1. German tabloid Express did an interview with Rolf Schumacher, he basically says that Michael is training every day like insane, harder than ever. Also bought new neck muscles machine, gave old one to Hulkenberg (misspelled).

2. In a recent Times interview Berney refused to exclude any kind of Schumacher scenario, calls it more than a rumor.

I read the first point a bit too fast and saw "bought new neck muscles" and I went :blink::|

:lol:

17 year deal? wow that's great for silverstone, but how about now getting the US GP back?

It would be interesting to see how Nico and Nick would fare in a Brawcedes if the car is at least half as good as the BGP001 was.

No it wouldn't. Heidfeld is overrated. He's been around for 10 years and has only scored a handful of podiums while being generally outshone by every teammate he's ever been up against. Mercedes don't really want an all German line-up (although I suspect Schumacher would be the exception here) and a Rosberg/Heidfeld line-up is hardly the sort of stuff to set the world on fire. They should be looking to prise Kubica out of his Renault contract. He sometimes blows hot or cold, but a good car should see his motivation up.

Heidfeld seems to come alive for a season or so when presented with a strong co-driver, but then he settles back down to mediocre, mid-field drives.

He'd probably make a good mid-season replacement for a team like McLaren this year and last or Toyota where you have one solid driver and one lackluster / unlucky one and you need to score points to secure the Constructor's Championship, but you'd want to send him on his way at the end of the season.

17 YEARS!?! not 15? not 20? not 8? 17!?

I doubt it will last that long, but this kind of nails the donington group screwed forever. Incurring the kind of debt they accumulated with no pay off whatsoever.

Heidfeld seems to come alive for a season or so when presented with a strong co-driver, but then he settles back down to mediocre, mid-field drives.

I agree, heidfeld is a good and very consistent second driver. That is literally where his skill is, to keep his racing clean, avoid incidents, and hold up a steady pace.

Really? hahaha my bad! sorry
no need to be sorry.

Last edited:
I agree, heidfeld is a good and very consistent second driver. That is literally where his skill is, to keep his racing clean, avoid incidents, and hold up a steady pace.

You can't afford to have someone like that in a top team, where Mercedes hope to be next year. McLaren had that in Kovalainen, and it didn't work for them. I don't think he ever beat Hamilton on merit and couldn't even take points off the Ferraris. He scored as many points as Massa did in 2009, despite Massa missing half the season.

Heidfeld would do alright at any of the new entries or Sauber for the reasons you described, but Mercedes would kind of be hoping for a bit more.

OT for a bit... speaking of Heidfeld, I saw him after the Singapore GP this year when he was getting a ride back to the pits... he's really tiny. :| I know racing drivers are not that big and all but it's always weird seeing how normal they look in the flesh. :|:lol:

Okay sorry for the slight deviation!

If Schumi comes back next season, combined with the British dream team at McLaren, it would sent viewing figures in Germany and Britain through the roof. Would be epic...