Sir Jackie Stewart taken ill with 'Chest Pains'

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
Former Formula 1 world champion Sir Jackie Stewart has been taken to hospital after falling ill on a London-bound flight from Geneva. The 71-year-old Scot was given first aid by air stewardesses after complaining of chest pains.
Paramedics met Stewart at London Heathrow airport and he is now recovering at Hillingdon Hospital.
"He did pass out and as a precaution he was taken to hospital to be looked at," his eldest son Paul told BBC Sport.
"I've just spoken to him in hospital. He seemed absolutely fine, but obviously something happened and we need to establish what, but I'm on my way to see him right now.
o.gif

"I should think he'll just be checked over and hopefully it will be nothing more sinister than that."

Sir Jackie is fully conscious and having precautionary medical checks but we are expecting a full recovery

Sir Jackie's spokesman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9411842.stm

Well let us jolly well hope so - nice bloke and a great F1 Champion.

x2

My dad passed out on a plane a few years ago and it was determined that he should not fly without an oxygen tank. He was in his mid seventies at the time.

Jackie Stewart is one of the tough ones, hopefully he will be fine.

Last edited:
The man is made of titanium, like Sir Moss. There's a reason why he's my ultimate motorsports hero.

But I do hope it's nothing.