Site Suggestions

How about adding a sort of search function, with which you can search for a specific car, and it will show you in what episodes of Top Gear / Fifth Gear that car appeared?

For example: I search for the Aston Martin DB9, and then it shows me that that car appeared in the race against the train (Top gear, don't know what episode it is)

It's right there at the top under "Search"...

http://www.finalgear.com/epsearch/

I'm missing the descriptions for some episodes though. :(

Why does news on this site keep reffering to a new season of topgear? There are no topgear seasons only series'es. Will you please reffer to series in the future, thank you

Why does news on this site keep reffering to a new season of topgear? There are no topgear seasons only series'es. Will you please reffer to series in the future, thank you
Because I'm American, not British.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_program#Seasons.2Fseries

The terminology used to define a set of episodes produced by a television series varies from country to country.

In North America and Australia, the term used to describe a regular run of episodes is a television season or simply, season. For example, a season of a television series might consist of 22?24 episodes broadcast regularly between September and May with a hiatus during the holidays. Alternatively, it may comprise 22?24 consecutive episodes between September and December or January and May. The latter is often referred to as a "non-stop season", which are usually used for serial television series (e.g., 24 and Lost). Another example might be a series that airs only a 6?13 episode season during the summer.

In the United Kingdom, on the ABC in Australia and in other countries, these sets of episodes are referred to as a series.

If you hadn't noticed, I don't spell "color" with a "u", etc. and "series" here means the entire show's run.

Make sure you put a donation button in an easily spotted area: "Hey, you never know."

Make sure you put a donation button in an easily spotted area: "Hey, you never know."
http://www.finalgear.com/donate/

The ads cover all of our current hosting costs, so I've been hesitant to display it more prominently. However, Quiky has been bugging me lately to upgrade the server to gigabit, so donations may become handy.

A great little feature would be linking the episode pages under "shows" with the matching episode and wts forum threats.

A great little feature would be linking the episode pages under "shows" with the matching episode and wts forum threats.
Links are already there. ;)

How about regional boards? A lot of forums have regional boards and it'll make it easier to organize meets.

How about regional boards? A lot of forums have regional boards and it'll make it easier to organize meets.
It was decided long ago that that would not be the best idea as we felt it would promote splintering of the forums, i.e. people who only visited their area's part of the forums.

As for meets, we only have 36 threads in the meets forum: http://forums.finalgear.com/finalgear-meets/ It wouldn't make much sense to further divide those up as you'd have like one meet per area.

We have a photography section, and since this forum is about tv shows, why not add a videography one too? I promise to contribute. :)

We have a photography section, and since this forum is about tv shows, why not add a videography one too? I promise to contribute. :)

Forum sections get created for existing threads, not the other way around. If videography threads become popular and there become a lot of them (that's not an invitation to go spam), then I'll make a subforum for them. :)

This way we don't end up with a few dozen unused subforums that aren't used.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the countdown doesn't work right.

Maybe I just imagined it, but it said "An episode of Fifth Gear is currently airing" and then 15-20 minutes later, it said that it finished airing an hour and 10 minutes ago.

Does the count-up perhaps use the same time-stamp as the countdown to the beginning?

Again, I might be on crack, but...

Does the count-up perhaps use the same time-stamp as the countdown to the beginning?

Nope, airing + one hour.

It doesn't automatically switch from "currently airing" to "xxx ago" -- that's done by the server. Did you have the old page open for an hour or something?

Not sure if this has been discussed, and not sure if this is the right forum for it, but...

I wouldn't mind seeing episode season packs for Fifth Gear like you have for Top Gear. I'd like to catch up, but like the simplicity of one giant download (my lazy / want to watch ratio on Fifth Gear is significantly lower than Top Gear).

Any possibility of this in the future, or is the quality not consistent like with Top Gear and the Scene rips?

Yeah, I'll be doing that. I was just doing Top Gear first as it's much more popular.

Pretty Please
A Sub-forum under TG (and probably TGA) for all the "Who is The Stig", "TG.com screwed up and now we know", "Who do you think The Stig is?" etc etc etc etc ad nauseum, just so it's not littered everywhere and god forbid - people may actually read what has been previously posted before reposting (ambitious I know)...

I'll buy you a viper....(well, if I win lots in the lottery on Saturday I'll seriously consider it).

^ Well I think that's a little bit cluttered, I'd rather just have the main top gear board and a rants section.

here's an idea...

The first one to start another 'Look at me I know who the stig is' threads gets his IP chased down, we form a mob, go to his house, burn it down, eat his dog, and then sit around and watch as the culprit slowly digests his own computer....

*just putting ideas out there*