Site Suggestions

I really hate having to go back to the pre episode sub forums to check whats in the episode when a torrent is released, maybe you could include a macro that copy/pastes the details of the episodes from the pre-episode threads to the torrent link section?

I really hate having to go back to the pre episode sub forums to check whats in the episode when a torrent is released, maybe you could include a macro that copy/pastes the details of the episodes from the pre-episode threads to the torrent link section?
I prefer to summarize the episode descriptions rather than the long, drawn out (and sometimes with spoilers) descriptions featured in the pre-ep threads.

+1

I think zeroSignal sent me the PSD's at some point...

I hope this is the right thread for this...

Recently since you've had the "Porsche Shooting Brake Hoax By TopGear.com America" video on the homepage of finalgear, my browser is downloading the entire clip every time the page is refreshed (I do this manually quite alot).

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, what can we do to resolve it?

Thanks.

Assuming you use Firefox, try Flashblock. It makes it so you have to click to activate each flash element.

Note that for me at least, it does not download the entire thing, just the player and what looks like about the first 10 seconds of the video (at least according to the video's progress bar).

Last edited:
I dont know if it is im using Firefox,
but what happened to the header banner than changed every time the page loads?

It used to be quite cool, then it sort of just stopped...

I dont know if it is im using Firefox,
but what happened to the header banner than changed every time the page loads?

It used to be quite cool, then it sort of just stopped...

I killed that like a year ago. We were having load issues or something.

Was it really a year ago? Time does sure fly! lol

While on the subject of site updates?
You got any plans for the site, Viper007Bond, any site enchancements, changes, new features etc?
Just curious :)

- Crashb648

Just a quick request: how about somebody torrent Richard Hammond's Crash Course? I've seen the first two eps, but getting them on a single file d/l was an exercise in infinite patience!
It's not a bad series by the look of it and it IS the Hamster after all, so it's Top Gear-ish.
Thanks for all your work BTW.

Just a quick request: how about somebody torrent Richard Hammond's Crash Course? I've seen the first two eps, but getting them on a single file d/l was an exercise in infinite patience!
It's not a bad series by the look of it and it IS the Hamster after all, so it's Top Gear-ish.
Thanks for all your work BTW.

They're over here: http://forums.finalgear.com/video-offers/

Not really a suggestion, but more of a random though... Now that Porsche and Chevy are making 7speed manuals available to petrolheads, does FG need a new logo since 6th is no longer the final gear?

Not really a suggestion, but more of a random though... Now that Porsche and Chevy are making 7speed manuals available to petrolheads, does FG need a new logo since 6th is no longer the final gear?

No because Vipers only have 6 speeds. :p

Although the shift pattern is completely wrong if I'm going to use that argument...

Site Re-Design

Site Re-Design

How about cleaning up the homepage a bit and highlighting the main shows, their relevant news update, and a quick link to their latest episode?

Version 1: Image on top of title
FG-Homepage-1.jpg

Version 2: Title on top of image
FG-Homepage-2.jpg