Sleeper Thread

There's the 630i (200kW) and 635d (210kW) as well. Compared to that the 588kW M6 obviously is unexpectedly fast, but it also looks much faster.

There's the 630i (200kW) and 635d (210kW) as well. Compared to that the 588kW M6 obviously is unexpectedly fast, but it also looks much faster.

So you get the little motors over there :p Just checked the BMW page and we can only get the 650 or the M6 no other options. Obviously they are both fast as balls (great ones, on fire) but with any motor those things just have the GTFO look and they always look like they are capable of going very fast.

So you get the little motors over there :p Just checked the BMW page and we can only get the 650 or the M6 no other options. Obviously they are both fast as balls (great ones, on fire) but with any motor those things just have the GTFO look and they always look like they are capable of going very fast.

0-100 in about 6s is quick for a 1.6t car :nod: just about 1.5s off the M6. Right?

Last edited:
He means 0-100 kph, which is 0-62 mph.

He means 0-100 kph, which is 0-62 mph.
captobvious-738633.jpg

Uhm, internet fail?

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2010/6/650iCoupe/Features_and_Specs/650iCoupeSpecifications.aspx said:
Performance
Acceleration 0 ? 60 mph 5.3[5.4]sec.
Top speed 150 mph

Also, funny how the German 650i is 0.2s faster to 62 than the US 650i to 60, and also is allowed to go 5mph faster :tease:

Ok ok, "any 0-60 times that I can find while browsing at work". Happy now, you Euros that are five hours ahead of me? :p

Duh, the US doesn't list the 630i/635d at all, so how would they list their 0-100 figures :tease:

Thought you were talking about the 650 :)
Ok ok, "any 0-60 times that I can find while browsing at work". Happy now, you Euros that are five hours ahead of me?
Those European bastards!!! :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2011/02/11/Atrapitis.gif

I didn't mention which engine it was to suggest that a 630i/635d is perfectly sufficient - you assuming it was the V8 somewhat agrees with that :tease:
50% more fuel in the combined Euro cycle for the 650i compared to the 630i just isn't worth the second it is faster to 100.

And therein lies the main difference between a European and an American/Russian. It is ALWAYS worth it. :tease:

In all honesty you are talking about a fairly expensive car why would someone who buys one of those would care about efficiency?

By that logic the 650i would not exist and everyone would just buy an M6. That's another whopping nought point five seconds faster to 100.

By that logic the 650i would not exist and everyone would just buy an M6. That's another whopping nought point five seconds faster to 100.
M6 is the enthusiast car 650 is a status car. Makes perfect sens to me. See the thing you are missing is that in US/Russia (very similar in car tastes btw) a luxury car ALWAYS = big and powerful. You couldn't sell an $80,000 (US MSRP is 78something) car here with anything less than a V8.

As far as M6 goes its a performance oriented version of the 6 so it makes sense as an exclusive. It's no longer sold state side btw but when it did MSRP was over $100,000 which is a fairly significant gap you would have to agree.

The 630i would be about $15000 less than the 650i - also a fairly significant gap. As big, as luxurious, just 1s slower to 100. To 99.9% of the gawkers exactly the same status car.

In all honesty you are talking about a fairly expensive car why would someone who buys one of those would care about efficiency?

Becaaauuuuse... you're reaching your destination faster, when you don't have to refuel every 200 kilometers?

There are two types of expensive car owners:

- Rich sons or heirs
- People who actually worked for their money

The latter ones will have it in their blood to always look for efficiency and the "best deal". They cannot help themselves, otherwise they wouldn't have become rich. And the simple fact is: When you're on the Autobahn a lot and drive long distances, a 635d will cost you about 3000 Euros per year less in fuel costs, than a 650i.

Money you can invest in a nice home cinema equipment for example. Or a nice holiday. Or some house renovation.

Good enough reason for you? ;)

Believe me: In the long run the Americans will learn to think that way, too. Your fuel prices will not always stay that ridiculously low ;) The Arab world is about to change its face -- which very likely will have an effect on oil prices -- and it's only a question of time, until your leaders will think about higher taxation of petrol in order to deal with what technically-speaking is national bankruptcy ;)

Last edited:
Some of them even care about environment.
And the tax % is much lower for the diesel.