Sleeper Thread

Wish I could find the car I was thinking of, but there are similar cars around...

10353.jpg

DSC07248.JPG

DSC07249.JPG

This looks a like it's been modded a bit, enthusiasts might be a little suspicious.

pict00038yt1b.jpg

And they would be right.

JRBOOM7b.jpg

scan100090td1b.jpg

It's just a Hillman.

Hillman3b.jpg

Hillman2b.jpg

Grandma's come for tea.

DSCF0652b.jpg

DSCF0655b.jpg

STOCK1b.jpg

096b.jpg

Last edited:
No BMW, Audi or Merc can be a sleeper.

47d0032f05a91a94239d0ddbf36ef9c1.jpg

544c507e0826a75c40621f826a516756.jpg

0d3280fbead68cc008eb20492b5cf48f.jpg

Now that's what the 'Ring taxi should be. Never mind M5's.

I can just imagine Sabine "I had that Jeremy Clarkson in the back of my cab once........"

occasionally i will see a late 50s ford pickup truck driving around town. This thing is beat to shit, rust, dents, old old old paint. It basically looks like it has been sitting in some guys back yard for 40 years

My dad, a former drag racer, can tell it is running a very hot chevy big block underneath just by hearing it drive by. plus sometimes it still has 20' wide slicks on the rear wheels. once he hadnt put the street exhaust back on. Fucker sounded meeeeeeean

that is my definition of a sleeper.

looks like crap/should be real slow

gives very subtle hints at its true potential

occacionally will blow the doors off of a ricer or dumbass in a v6 mustang

A mate of mine has a VW LT camper........

.......with a Subaru Legacy 2.2 litre lump in it!

He is also into paramotoring, all kinds of biking and scuba diving but claims not to have any kind of death wish whatsoever!

A mate of mine has a VW LT camper........

.......with a Subaru Legacy 2.2 litre lump in it!

He is also into paramotoring, all kinds of biking and scuba diving but claims not to have any kind of death wish whatsoever!

I have an '84 VW Vanagon with a Subaru Legacy 2.2.

DSC_0056.jpg

DSCF8496.jpg

DSCF8502.jpg

mercedes-benz-300-sel-63-3.jpg

The first year 4 door Hemi Coronet:
hemi4door.jpg

Just replace the Hemi emblem with a 318 and you're done. ;)

Anyone mentioned the twin turbo 3-rotor (20b) AE86 yet?

This is a sleeper.
http://img696.imageshack.**/img696/7286/32055110844large6393822.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/4325/32055110843large6409310.jpg

Or if it has to be a normal "stock" car. :D
0705gm-01-z-2bchevy-impala-ss-2b.jpg

Last edited:
When we had the Multipla, having owned an Impreza WRX wagon and helped buy my mum a hot diseasel Seat I always fancied combining the three.

Multipla on Impreza running gear, slightly lowered, with the 170bhp/270 torques 1.9TDi Seat/VAG lump. Not exactly a sleeper but enough to shock a few people with the way it takes off and handles, plus 50mpg!

This is a sleeper.
http://img696.imageshack.**/img696/7286/32055110844large6393822.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/4325/32055110843large6409310.jpg

I've seen a very similar truck in person, only it was faded yellow, rusty as hell, and it had a corvette motor.

Those sleepers don't really work here in Germany, because we do not have those traffic light drag races. Our traffic lights are usually switched in a "green wave" road, which means once you have a greenlight, it stays green all the way down the road, as long as you maintain the right speed.

And on the Autobahn rear view mirror image is everything. When you aren't recognized as "Yup, he's faster than me", no one will move over to let you pass, no matter how quick you are at overtaking them.

That's the reason, why everyone is making room for you, when you are in a big Mercedes: It is clearly recognizable as such. Mercedeses still have different faces, which can be identified in the rear view mirror.

However, no one will move over to let you pass, when you are in an Audi, because in the mirror you have no feeling for the size of a car's front and therefore no one is able to tell, if it's an A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 or A8 -- or even an RS6. They all look the same and have the same proportions in their "faces". BMW is bound to make the same mistake, btw. I cannot tell a 3-Series from a new 5er or 7er at first glance, when it comes from behind.

An S-Class, however, cannot be mixed up with an A-Class, a B-Class or even an E-Class. That's why they all make room for you, when you close up in an S-Class from behind. One of the reasons, why I prefer that car on the Autobahn over the competitors :D

Such sleepers therefore are no fun on the "Bahn" here, since they'll have a hard time convincing even a Smart driver to make room for them and are constantly being cut off by Golfs and Astras. Sleepers are only good for show events.

Last edited:
Those sleepers don't really work here in Germany, because we do not have those traffic light drag races. Our traffic lights are usually switched in a "green wave" road, which means once you have a greenlight, it stays green all the way down the road, as long as you maintain the right speed.

And on the Autobahn rear view mirror image is everything. When you aren't recognized as "Yup, he's faster than me", no one will move over to let you pass, no matter how quick you are at overtaking them.

That's the reason, why everyone is making room for you, when you are in a big Mercedes: It is clearly recognizable as such. Mercedeses still have different faces, which can be identified in the rear view mirror.

However, no one will move over to let you pass, when you are in an Audi, because in the mirror you have no feeling for the size of a car's front and therefore no one is able to tell, if it's an A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 or A8 -- or even an RS6. They all look the same and have the same proportions in their "faces". BMW is bound to make the same mistake, btw. I cannot tell a 3-Series from a new 5er or 7er at first glance, when it comes from behind.

An S-Class, however, cannot be mixed up with an A-Class, a B-Class or even an E-Class. That's why they all make room for you, when you close up in an S-Class from behind. One of the reasons, why I prefer that car on the Autobahn over the competitors :D

Such sleepers therefore have no fun on the "Bahn" here, since they'll have a hard time convincing even a Smart driver to make room for them. They are only good for show events.

And if you're on the autobahn in a 1.6 Golf? ;)

No one is making room for me then either. But in my Golf I rarely go faster than 140 km/h, because it becomes really loud after that and starts binge-drinking. The stereo is unable to compensate for the noise of the 4-pot reving at 6200 rpm, when doing 190 km/h on the speedo. And if you try, you'll reach your destination with ringing ears.

Last edited:
With what I drive I have the same issue.

To be fair to my Golf: My first car was an Opel Ascona B with 60 HP and it was as loud at 130 kph, as my Golf is at 190 :p But that was, when I was 19 years old and back then I also listened to music at 120 dB, so...

Last edited: