SLK SLR Transplant Vs. Enzo

Xeon SX said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Xeon SX said:
so whats next, A class with SLR engine? :twisted:
I think your forgetting that the engine is mounted quite literally under the front occupants :lol:

So? Driver could sit on the roof, move all controls a bit higher and fine ;)
So it'll be so tall that the owner will need a building permit to use it? :p

Tsk tsk, this is a repost. Original thread from a year ago is here: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4824

However, this thread is better than the old one, so I'll lock that one.

But comon, please search next time. A simple "SLR SLK" search for both terms found the thread a dozen or so down. ;)

Same subject though. The thread shoulda just been bumped. ;)

BlaRo said:
Xeon SX said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Xeon SX said:
so whats next, A class with SLR engine? :twisted:
I think your forgetting that the engine is mounted quite literally under the front occupants :lol:

So? Driver could sit on the roof, move all controls a bit higher and fine ;)
So it'll be so tall that the owner will need a building permit to use it? :p

nah, just cut a hole in the front seat...same idea a cutting the holes in the bonnet in the slk.

think of all the benefits of it, theres no worries about heating issues in the winter :thumbsup: (but then again it is in the desert..hmm...ah well i still like the holes in the seat idea.) :mrgreen:

seriously though, id much rather have that SLK55 than an SLR:

- sleeper: i would love to put some 280 badges on that!
- makes the same favorite noise as the SLR (or similar)
- less costly
- again a super enzo-killing sleeper!

Take a normaly aspirated SLK 55 AMG and let Kleemann put a kompressor (supercharger) on it, and you have more torque than an Enzo. The SLR engine is also a 5.5 V8 with a kompressor.

But, the SLK is heavier than the Enzo standard, and the standard SLR engine has less power, but more torque.

Maybe the SLK has been lightened? Or the Enzo driver is changing gears too soon?

Since the supercharged engine has more torque, it's no surprise that it will beat the less torque-y car when driving at low rpms. The Enzo engine needs to be close to 8k rpms.

EDIT:
Danny: I like your thinking. A sleeper like that would be cool. My idea of the perfect sleeper is a tuned Audi RS Avant with the RS badges removed and side mirrors without the chrome. Maybe even take off the RS "bodykit" for a bog-standard one, and put some 16" wheels on it.

I just don't like the look of the front of the SLK. And no matter how many HP you put in the SLK, an Enzo would still kill the SLK at the first sight of a bend. And the SLR - well, for me a supercar needs a engine in the middle, anything else just isn't very "super".

How much would you say a SLR engine and Trani would cost? it he managed to get 2 sets why didn't he just buy an SLR normal and just chuck on line 2 turbos. he already has an Enzo, F50 and F40 so i think that the twin turbo SLR would be a noce add to his collection. 8)

^why. i have seen a few supercharged engines that have a twin turbo set up. why is not a good idea. do you know how a supercharger and a turbo work?

Top Gear so need to borrow that car.

STi Nut said:
^why. i have seen a few supercharged engines that have a twin turbo set up. why is not a good idea. do you know how a supercharger and a turbo work?

Yes you can add both. It?s called twincharging and many people claim it?s the best of both worlds...

EDIT: Here?s a review of the new Golf GT, wich has a twincharged engine. And looks like a very interesting engine.

thats from the factory and engineered to handle boost from 2 sources

engines are built from scratch with either system in mind (twin charging, NA, TC or SC).

Redliner said:
EDIT: Here?s a review of the new Golf GT, wich has a twincharged engine. And looks like a very interesting engine.

me wants :eek:

Danny Tran said:
thats from the factory and engineered to handle boost from 2 sources

engines are built from scratch with either system in mind (twin charging, NA, TC or SC).
Not quite. If that was true, nobody would turbocharge Hondas or put superchargers in american big blocks. The way the engine "handles" the boost is the same in all three systems, be it a turbo, a blower or a twincharger. All of them send pressure to the engine, their difference is where they get the energy to produce that pressure.

EDIT: Just an example. Complicated but possible.

I remember this coming up ages ago everyone arguing with the bloke who took the pictures that it was 'obviously' a photoshop! LOL. I guess an SLR engine in an Enzo is fairly hard to believe, but there were pictures of it from about 10 different angles and in two different locations! Shame it's a dead linky now. Would love to see it. Anyone fancy posting it up on GoogleVideo or something?

:shock: wouldnt mind one of them like..

howd it fair agaist a veyron i wonder

Adam Krasicki said:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/110962/slk_vs_enzo/

this link is activ

great SLK/R :D
I saw that link weeks ago, those people who left comments seem to not know much about that SLK.